1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Berbatov

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Newportswan, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Its official we are desperate.
    Former Manchester United and Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov is on Swansea City's "radar"' says manager Bob Bradley.

The 35-year-old has been a free agent since leaving Greek side PAOK in June.

Bradley said he was aware of the Bulgarian's desire to return to the Premier League.

"I have met Dimitar a a few times and I know he is anxious to get back into the Premier League," Bradley said.

''Everyone inside our club knows that and so when there are discussions, his name is included.

"Where it takes us at this time I don't have an answer. But certainly I know about his intentions and I have certainly seen some of the good things he's done in the past.

Good or Bad?

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

No No No No, maybe 5 years ago. Bob the only word to look at in what you said was. 'PAST'

3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Unbelievable...

We've signed Llorente & Borja. Now apparently looking at Berbatov.....

Add up the cost of that lot ..... and we could have signed Bony <doh>

4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Did Bony know that" We Could Have Signed Bony " , you know he might have a say in it ( saying this for the 55th time .....lol.)
    We don't need any strikers , we need players that give our current strikers chances .
    We also need a stay at home DM (like Britton ) desperately to take over the reigns of Leon and be totally dedicated to defence , something none of our current midfielders can do . Until we do , Britton must play most games or we will leak goals through our "Makeshift " young defence .

5. trundles left foot

But on the other hand mate you don't know either if Bony wanted to come here, it may be we made no effort to get him.

6. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Berbatov says he can use his experience to help the younger players. Not what we need and we have Llorente, who has played at as high or if not higher level who can do that for us anyway.

7. seabreeze

And I understand that , maybe he wanted to come maybe he didn't ( although common sense leans toward not wanting to come ) .
    The only time I bring it up is when others say the club ****ed up by not bringing him or Allen in like THEY know for sure .
    Bony is scoring at the same rate as Paloschi was last season , and Bony scored both his goals against ( this is going to bother me to say ) the 19th place club .
    I'm totally behind Baston but frankly we overspent IMO , twice as much as Paloschi we spent on Baston because of " Cry's From The Fans " to spend big .
    Careful who ya cry for is my moral of the story .

8. trundles left foot

Hey I am behind Baston and LLorente. Do i think they should have made more effort to see if it was possible to sign Bony and Allen. 100% they should have, i firmly believe if you had taken those 2 players out of Stokes side and put them in ours and we would have won that game. Whether they wanted to come here or not, the club made a mistake by not doing everything they could to get them here.

9. seabreeze

Not big on hindsight and hypotheticals lefty .
    This summer was a two fold transfer window .
    The old gang brought in Fer and Van Der Hoorne.
    The Americans extended Siggy's contract and signed LLorente , Baston and Mawson .

10. Taffvalerowdy

Spot on TLF

The point I was attempting to make was that we seemingly failed to go after a proven goal scorer (Bony) in the PL who was available but spent c£21m on bringing over 2 guys who had no PL experience. (I accept that both Borja &/or Llorente could eventually become prolific but....)

Now we are apparently after a 35 year old striker who has PL experience but hasn't played in the UK since.....?

Where is the consistent strategy for building, shaping & creating a "Swansea Team"?

trundles left foot likes this.

11. Taffvalerowdy

...... and the new guys sold Williams & Ayew, whilst failing to curry favour by going after Joe & Bony (seemingly)

Imagine where we'd be now with Bony, Allen, Ayew & Williams available.....

12. trundles left foot

And made a profit.

13. seabreeze

The big difference for me is Berbatov will PROBABLY want to come , Bony PROBABLY didn't want to ...just my opinion to what seems is simple logic .It's ten times easier to bring in a player who wants to come to you .
    After Laudrup was sacked , Bony tried to leave in the summer , its why Jenkins brought in Gomis , Huw thought Bony was going too IMO . When that fell through for Bony , he made sure he left next window .

14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Berbatov!!!................
    please log in to view this image
    .........Yes lets get him in and we can all have a bloody good laugh....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  15. seabreeze

Same theory , Ayew and Williams bought wanted out so they were sold .The club tried to keep Williams but at Williams insistence , they had to let him go

16. Taffvalerowdy

Roof - of course he'd want to come, no other bugger wants him <laugh>

seabreeze likes this.
  17. Taffvalerowdy

Roof - both were under contract, both could have been kept. Clearly, there was no ambition imparted from Huw and the Yanks re a "big plan" for the future...

Selling them without like for like replacements was nothing short of a dereliction in duty......

trundles left foot likes this.
  18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Long gone I'm afraid the same way of Jenkins's halo , which by the way I hope, chokes the bastard

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Ash & Ayew wanted to go lets be clear about that. As for Joe we could have got him if Jenkins had done the deal he was offered by Liverpool but as usual he knew best and blew it there and then on that day. As for Bony we tried but it's obvious he did not want to take a backward step and return to us as a failure at Man City. His body language confirmed that when we played stoke. He wanted a different club and i can understand that completely. In the January window we need to bring in some quality to replace Rangel, Leon and a defender but if we fall behind the 4th place any further then the chances of anyone of quality joining us is very slim as they wont want to join a club that looks certain to be relegated. We are already 5 points adrift which is two games and looking like we will be further adrift in the next month or so and even though i wont throw in the towel yet if we dont pick up points in the next few games then the chances of our survival are very slim indeed....

Turkish likes this.
  20. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I know where you're coming from, but the Club doesn't tend to listen to the fans that much.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.