1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ben Tozer signs for Northampton

Discussion in 'Northampton' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Former Northampton loanee Ben Tozer has completed a permanent move to the club after signing a two-year contract.

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Sixfields and has now returned after his release by Newcastle United.

The defender started his career at Plymouth before moving to Swindon in summer 2007. By November 2007, he was highly sought-after by several Premier League teams and had a four-day trial with Everton.

He signed for the Magpies in the following January transfer window.

His loan at the Cobblers started in September 2010. He made 31 starts and three substitute appearances, finding the net three times.

Northampton manager Gary Johnson said: "I am pleased to add Ben to the squad on a permanent basis, he really won me over when he was on loan.

"I wasn't sure when I first came in, but I was impressed with his attitude and his willingness to get his head down and fight his way back into the side towards the end of the season after his injury. He showed all the characteristics of a winner and someone who has the desire and determination to make things happen."

2. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

Good signing for the Cobblers