1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Belgian Takeover

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Eastbourne Addick, Dec 27, 2013.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

All these tie ups with foreign clubs have helped us how exactly? What was it Inter (?) absolutely nothing except some kids going there for six months, Valencia ?? bugger all! The African Club... couldn't get work permits for any players, the Scandinavian clubs (2 off) some youth players who we released, Welling United.. a PS friendly where they keep the gate receipts. Why do we bother?

I sound like a little Englander don't I

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Ask not what our fellow clubs can do for us, ask what we can do for our fellow clubs.

Charlton's new moto.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

What concerns me most is that post takeover there seems to be a complete lack of direction and impetus at the Club. We just seem to be limping from week to week, incurring further mishaps along the way. Last week it was the botched postponement, yesterday it was our new, not wanted 4th choice French keeper being beaten from 35 yards. What is next?

If all the vibes are true, Powell is not being given funds to buy players in January. If he is going to have a succession of crummy loans from SL imposed on him, sorry but that is not the sort of club and team I really want to support.

We had enough Kocs already at the club, before we took this one on loan.

Mystic Nick predicts that filling your team with transitory loans from foreign countries is a guaranteed route map to League One next season.

4. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

I like this alot ;) Funny lad.

5. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Somebody hold me, and make it damn tight !!

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

You like black humour then?

The early signs suggest that Roland and Charlton are not a good mix. This season was already disappointing, what with the lack of investment, the dull brand of football we play at home, the disappointing forwards we signed and the contract situation. And the 3 young players I expected to be brought on (Pope, Pigott and Poyet) haven't been brought on. The only bright spot has been Jordan Cousins, and possibly Alnwick and Wood, all defensive players. The take-over may have fended off the threat of administration, but apart from that it just seems to have muddied the waters.

7. Glovepup

Glovepup Member

Concerns me that the contracts don't seem to be moving and I wonder if CP had anything to do with the loan players, I fear not. Get your popcorn lads, I can see something happening.

8. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Paul, could I ask you bring up two things with whoever runs our OS

1) Cameron Stewart is no longer our player so should be deleted from the squad list
    2) Could you ask the club to post when U18 games have been postponed as soon as they know because FHB got all the way to the training ground yesterday to find the games were off.

9. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

Good ice-hockey player!

10. ForestHillBilly

The bottom line to our situation is that since Curbs left no-one has been able to run our club at a profit, or near break even. If we were a profitable business we wouldn't have to sell to the first person who makes a concrete bid which is acceptable to the FA. I was hoping that our previous owners would succeed, because I liked their commitment to the Academy, but they found it impossible for one reason or another. Now Roland has come in and will try to achieve the impossible in his own way. Surely he will appoint a director of Football soon, which will give us some idea of what the future holds.

11. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

The latest rumour is we're getting the Iranian striker from (Shock, Horror, Mouth Hangs Open-Jaw Hits The Floor) Standard Liege. It's a loan till the end of the season, which may become permanent 'if Charlton avoid relegation'.
    Could we possibly bring in a player or two while the transfer window is still open who might help us to avoid relegation?

12. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You can have Cameron Stewart back he has played twice for us and looks completely out of his depth.

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/7555/9124685/Transfer-News-Michy-Batshuayi-to-stay-at-Standard-Liege

So RD does speak for one of his clubs.

14. ForestHillBilly

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

16. Iwantabettertakeover

Wonder if Roley suffers from compulsive hoarding..?