1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BBC Predictor..

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, Mar 30, 2013.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

To save me chewing my nails as I wait to head off to the Norwich game I did the BBC predictor. Obviously I'm biased but I've got us finishing 12th on 41 points. Aston Villa going down with 37, and above them Sunderland (38), Stoke (38), Norwich (39), West Ham (39) and Newcastle (40).

In fact I think there may be a considerable amount of bias there.... <whistle> anyway - comments on this - I have us to beat QPR, WBA and Swansea, draw with WHU and Villa and lose to Arsenal, Citeh and Spurs.

QPR I think we'll surprise. West Brom will be our Blackpool or Blackburn away this time out - Wiganers will know what I mean. Swansea is a Tuesday night game which I think could define our season. They play great football and will come to our place with no pressure so I expect a cracking game - but I think we'll want it more, because I think we might be in a position to confirm another year in the Prem that night. West Ham are just not playing well. Villa will go into the last game of the season needing to win to have any chance of staying up, while I'm hoping that we will have confirmed safety by beating Swansea a week or so before.

Right - off to the game. opefully I'm back on here celebrating a win later. Win today and I do believe we'll stay up.

2. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

So far so good - except that WHU bucked me prediction. Southampton got a win where I thought they might draw.

Big, big win. And I think we'll see a very different Wigan next weekend against QPR - maybe not personnel, but energy (though please note Bobby - Gomez has now shot his annual bolt and should be back on the bench. McArthur if we want to try and win the midfield, di Santo if we're going to go to put them on the back foot). Obviously hoping that Fulham can take at least a draw on Monday, and Liverpool can do us a favour against Villa tomorrow. But we'll just carry on putting points on the board now.