1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bates Pile of CRAP

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by bigfatboab, Jul 17, 2011.

1. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

I will say this, BATES YER A LYING OLD GIT.

From Sunday Express:

LEEDS CHAIRMAN KEN BATES: CROCK OF GOLD IS NOW ALMOST EMPTY

Sunday July 17,2011

Leeds chairman Ken Bates has warned players that football’s ‘crock of gold’ is coming to an end.
    Bates pulled out of a bid to sign a player because of high wage demands and stuck to his guns when he came back accepting the original offer.
    He said: “Players are beginning to realise that the crock of gold is almost empty.”

Nothing wrong in what he says about the money running out, it's the player coming back to him that is a load of ****e. Hope Alan Smith's lawyers are reading this!

2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

<laugh> i do actually believe that the money is starting to run out of football though

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

It is running out but unfortunately not at top end of premiership. Therefore the nap is ever widening. Just look at liver pools spending this summer. Haven't won top title in thirty years, not even in Europe this year yet spending tens of millions. Would be interesting to see how bates would cope in premiership with his attitude

4. Josh-LUFC

thats why i think while bates is there leeds wont be in the top 6 teams in the prem but i do think he would be able to get us to maybe top 10

5. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Bates is our chairman, therefore should leave all the media coverage to the manager. His job is to shut the **** up and back the manager in any decision he makes! Rather than trying to fill his fat arse in the limelight!

6. Quinntan

Quinntan Member

No, his job is to make sure that the club is at least breaking even. Remember, it was a chairman who nearly brought us to the wall.

7. bigfatboab

Erm, didn't they win the Champions League in 2005 and were again in the final in 2007. Now I don't know what you call a long time ago, but surely those dates aren't!

8. Eireleeds1

I said they haven't won top title in thirty years which is correct and they're not in Europe this season also correct. So what's your problem with my post, did you not stop to read it properly

9. bigfatboab

Haven't won top title in thirty years, not even in Europe

The way it read, suggests you mean they haven't won the top title for many years, this includes the top title in europe (Champions League). Sorry but it does. Less of the agressive response sonny......

10. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Who said it wasn't - it's the way Bates goes about his business, that makes it impossible for people in the game to deal with!

11. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Bates is doing a good job as Chairman, and I'm glad he's not giving into excessive wage demands. However, he needs to shut up. Always got an opinion on things and has to comment.

12. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Exactly my point!

13. Josh-LUFC

i know he isnt suppose to be in the limelight and what not but he says it how it is, for example mccartney last season, he doesnt coat it down, if someone has a go he tells them to shut up and who do you think you are kind of business, theres not many other amusing chairmans in nthat respect

14. billyboy

billyboy New Member

bates is a tosser a lying bastard he is scum---cant think of anymore nice things about him

15. Eireleeds1

I'll take that as a compliment. Check my age profile you'll see what I mean lol

16. Eireleeds1

Re Bates and his attitude, I see many company directors, some I deal with regularly who are excellent at running their businesses but absolutely crap at dealing with people. They employ managers and then insist on dealing with the public and staff matters themselves when they are actually clueless

17. bigfatboab

Yer still a "sonny" to me, anyone under 50 is a youth to me.