1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barnsley v Leeds Utd match thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 18, 2017.

?

SCORELINE:Barnsley v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Jan 21, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Barnsley ny 1

14.3%
  6. Leeds by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Barnsley by 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Leeds by 2

57.1%
  9. Barnsley by 3 or more

14.3%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

14.3%
  1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

But like others WC you give your opinions, just like I do, no difference, just opposite sides of coin.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't have an awful lot to say about Silvestre last season, if you want to direct me at any unjustified comments about him please do, I think you are mistaking me for someone else? I certainly never analysed his positioning, movement or anything of that nature, I might have complained he palmed a ball back into play but last season I probably complained about most of the team. This season I am not going to over complain or analyse a team that has got us into the playoff spots. We need strengthening in certain positions but as sure as day follows night when you post after a defeat it is either going to be Green or Woods fault ;)

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Somebody spent 2 hours on a frame by frame analysis of the goals? Need to get out more fella!

i think it's great if a goalkeeping coach, who knows what should be happening, does that. So, i hope they show the same diligence.

Seriously though, there are numerous facets to being a professional goalkeeper. Much of it is shopstopping ability, large amounts positioning, safe handling, footwork and distribution, defensive organisation. And much of it is decision making under pressure.

All keepers make mistakes, it's the ones who make the least that play in the highest divisions.

Our keepers train everyday as a unit. It's pretty clear who offers what, and they choose accordingly.

4. LeedsLover

You criticise players Ristac, including Silvestri, I criticise Green, you say things as you see it, I say things as I see it, it's just opposite sides of the coin, that's all.........:emoticon-0148-yes:

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Maybe Wood didnt score enough :grin:<whistle>

ristac likes this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Firstly, you said I picked Silvestri to pieces and that I analyse Silvestri, I said I don't and can you provide evidence to back that up please?

Now for the opposite side of the coin and this latest comment, the differences are:

1) I criticise when they deserve to be or there is genuine reason for debate, it could be anyone of the 11 players, not the same two week in and week out. Some would accuse you of criticising unfairly and blindly. You believe or have accused each of the last 6 coaches of playing their favourites, when challenged you did not come up with an answer of who should be dropped and who they should be replaced with.

2) I give equally as much praise when it is deserved too

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Woods first goal was off his shin, I must admit I was waiting for a comment along the lines of "he was lucky" or "he didn't mean to score".

8. LeedsLover

I can give it you now if you like, according to the commentator on the match I was watching it came off his knee, the replay shows it could've come off his knee, but it's a little blurred, so yes, I'd say he had a little luck, I'd say same for any player who scores off the knee.

9. LeedsLover

I never said you analysed Silvestri Ristac, you said that.

I also criticise when imo they deserve to be criticised, or when there's genuine reason for debate.

I too lavish praise on players if they deserve it.

I could accuse others of criticising unfairly and blindly too, but I don't, they see things as they see it; it's also unfair to assume what others might say Ristac.

I haven't accused the last 6 coaches of playing favourites, Hockaday, no, Darko, no, Rosler, no, Redfearn, yes, Evans, don't think I did but did question his selection occasionally, as did others on here, Monk, yes.

Another poster asked me that question, I believe I did reply to him, I don't think you should be involving others in this conversation..........:emoticon-0148-yes:

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Care to explain <ok>

I wouldn't mind but you only said it a little over an hour ago from forgetting what you had said...

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

When have you praised. Wood?

12. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I praise it every time I get it. :smiley-finger007:

Apparently I'm getting to the age where it's supposed to become a bit unreliable. <yikes> OK for now, though. Phew! :emoticon-0103-cool:

13. Chippy / Glory

Things we didnt need to know #1

Should we be concerned that you have now moved from supporting leeds loveRs weird opinions to answering questions directed to him?

<diva>:emoticon-0172-mooni

14. Whitejock

Changing the subject rather quickly, aren't we? :D Don't tell me you've got another bit that's broke that you're not telling us about? <whistle>

15. Chippy / Glory

It pisses ok and with my mrs as the option thats all i want.

Whitejock likes this.
  16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

So not good improvisation from a forward in really good goal scoring form, who adjusted his body to suit the ball as it came in, to aim it towards goal? Just because you don't like the player?
    Oh and of course we shouldn't have conceded a single goal as everyone has been down to Green's poor positioning, anticipation or agility, except the 'worldies' that managed to zip past Silvestri in the cup. Or would that be because you don't like the player?

17. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I didn't say Green wasn't to blame for any of the goals, players can always do better and we always expect perfection. What I meant/said was the defenders in front of him should've done better. The first and second goals I would personally expect to score from those positions regardless of whether Neuer was in goal so I'd imagine professional footballers would as well, you cannot allow players to get that sort of sight of goal and expect them NOT to score. If he saved any of those it woulda been him getting us out of jail rather than anything else. Its just poor defending and it shouldn't be excused just because the first goal wasn't right into the corner (the second was with power too, I don't think many keepers woulda saved that).

We look into too much detail about what Green can do better at, he isn't about making those immaculate saves therefore I haven't come to expect that from him. He was bought to organise the defence if we're honest, not much else. We need a better keeper (probably in the summer rather than now), you know that, I know that and I expect Monk knows that so blunders aside (which they definitely weren't blunders) there really is no need for this critical analysis of frame by frame movements imo.

FORZA LEEDS and Eireleeds1 like this.
  18. Whitejock

It was me that did the frame-by-frame analysis, Josh (too much time on my hands). It was not an attempt to assassinate Green, but simply me trying to understand why we managed to lose 3 goals. As I recall, Green was partly to blame for 2 of them, but so was Bartley - on of my favourites. I would imagine the coaching staff would be as keen as me to analyse it, as it's the first time since August that we've conceded 3 (twice). There are lessons to be learned, and I'm quite sure that Green, Coyle, Bartley, & Ayling will have their basic mistakes pointed out to them in no uncertain manner.

Do you know something, I'm still seething about Bartley turning his back on the ball. That's cowardice from a hairy-arsed captain CB as far as I'm concerned. That's the biggest disappointment for me. When they analyse this in front of the team, everyone will see it. I'm so, so disappointed in him. If you find the time, try a frame-by-frame from the behind the ball angle on the 3rd goal & you'll see what I mean. I cannot accept that Green failed to set up the wall incorrectly, as has been alleged on here. If Bartley had faced the ball, it would have hit him. (Jesus, I'm DEFENDING GREEN! <yikes><yikes><yikes> :grin:

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  19. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Maybe if like many footballers, Bartley is afraid to face the ball on free setups, he should turn his arse to it. The guy is tall enough so probably doesn't need to jump anyway. I also hate wimps afraid to get a slap of a ball in the face