1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barnsley V Ipswich

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by HangingHog FC, Dec 8, 2011.

1. CotswoldCanary

CotswoldCanary New Member

I see the intellectually superior Jonah and Spanish didnt get my Black Mirror joke then ?

What a surprise.

I think it is one for 4oD.

Enjoy

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

2. crowey66

crowey66 Member

Yay,you've beaten the mighty Barnsley and all is well again.

Until next Saturday<laugh>

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

" But I do think Bowyer, Martin, Chopra really have nothing at all to offer the club. "

you must be joking about Chopra ? please tell me your joking.............he's been very good for us so far. Get him fit / create chances and watch the goals go in. One of the best strikers in this division.

I had the pleasure of watching this at a friends house while drinking a lot of vodka. The amount of stick I got first half made the 2nd half fantastic !

I put £6 on at 2-2 JUST before the corner on us to win at 15-4. thank you very much......

My thoughts on the game are as follows -

Defensively we were appalling. Having two attacking full backs in the side is not working. One definitely HAS to be in the solid mould. I'd give Wabara a run of game ahead of Edwards at RB.

Murphy was absolutely horrific. Offered nothing going forwards / no protection / he's costing us £££ for the privilege. Please go back to Celtic.

I ALSO didn't think we were fantastic at any point of the 2nd half. HOWEVER, the big thing for me was the players WANTED to get stuck in / win 2nd balls etc. Often they don't look at all fired up. Play with that passion every game and at least we'll be in every game. So often our players to me don't look overly up for it. They obviously had a rollocking half time, rightly so the first half was pathetic again.

Big game again at home to Derby on saturday - can we record back to back wins?!

I'm unsure, however lets at least start to climb the table.

4. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Completely agree, feel you are a little bit harsh on Chopra, he's never going to be a player who is in the game that much but if we give him the service, he will score goals. Also Martin can be decent for us and bowyer had a decent enough game. Great to see some leadership from Andrews aswell, really trying hard to get back and defend and organising the team!!

Indeed our full backs are so gungho we are so threadbare at the back when we don't have the ball, not helped IMO by Edwards poor positioning and sometimes casual style. However for some reason I think Edwards has actually been alot better going forwards since he's been played at RB than he was when he was a RM, not sure if this is anything to do with he's played more as a RB under Jewell and Jewell has given his fullbacks more license to go forwards than Keane gave his RM to go forwards!! We need a solid RB asap, we're crying out for a D Wright atm, still don't know why we got rid, we haven't had a RB by trade for over a year now!!!

How good was Cresswells delivery into the box, I agree as many have said he could make a good LM aswell but is still a very decent LB, we've got some good talent coming through down that left side with Cresswell, Carson and Whight.

I don't think Murphy had too bad a game tbh, didn't do anything spectacular but then was pretty solid and gave us a bit more muscle and height upfront. Though that doesn't mean I'm convinced with him though but he did a job.

2nd half indeed wasn't freeflowing football but we took the game by the scruff of the neck and you could just see the confidence returning, noone panicked which is what we have brought in this experience for in situations like that, they finally showed it!! First half I don't think we were terrible, we weren't confident but Barnsley were very good, as we were 2nd half.

5. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

Looks like "The Pudding" made the right choice to un ban me, thus lifting that crippling <cheers>curse........

6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Deep down inside Supers I know you just love Town really! <ok>

7. SUPERNORWICH 23

Since i was banned you won 1 game , coincidence ?

8. Stan The Man

Stan The Man Well-Known Member

Great result for you. Great thread as well. Jewell out/Jewell in. kept me amused. All without glass knees as well

9. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Probably, yes. :)

10. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Jason Scotland was man of the match they just didnt know what to do with him in the second half and he ran the show as Town dominated all over the park. We should have had a penalty for a blatant hand ball right in front of us which wasnt given and I dont know if you noticed on TV but our boys were being taken out off the ball time an time again leaving the ball carrier no one to pass to.
    A great second half display by the lads where we were playing the sort of football we were playing a few weeks ago, and immense respect to the lads behind us who took their shirts off because christ it was cold up there, Barnsleys not exactly the place you would want to go for your holidays but we had a good drink up there Saturday night.

11. SUPERNORWICH 23

Do not under estimate the power of VOODOO MAGIG DM:emoticon-0116-evilg

12. HangingHog FC

HangingHog FC Member

Bring on Derby

COYBs

13. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

HoHO Derby...................