1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Barnsley match day prediction

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by stretchyboy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Best season we've had for ages....<cheers>

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

As usual? Have no idea what he's done wrong here. Surely worth keeping faith in the system that won us both the previous games. I was amazed Dids played 90 vs Luton, would have liked 60 with him in from the off.

Great win that, even if Barnsley should have been out of site by ht. That miss..... when he dallied on the ball is painful. UNLUCKY!

Very brave subs at half time, 1-0 down and playing with all four forwards second half. Crikey. Rare Mick does that. God it's nice to have four proper strikers this season. Last season was so toothless uptop.

Also great to see us swapping system and that having a positive outcome also. Think we'll stick with 4-4-2 Tuesday.

Massive shame for Tommy Smith to be out, we're really getting done for injuries and think this may catch up Tuesday - will do a preview.

3. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

With smith and Webster both out for a while, I think we are going to need to bring in a cb as cover even if it's a loan signing as we are looking a touch threadbare in defence

4. Westlake33

Yeah we'll need another CB for sure - Woolfenden is another from the academy right in the mix.

Alex Bruce is on a free ;)

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

We have Chambers Knudsen Spence and Iorfa aswell as TeenWolf that can play CB so I don't think we need to bring in anyone else although I would recall Emanuel from his loan.

6. Westlake33

I don't think we can recall Josh until January unfortunately even if we wanted to.

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

What's Bam Bam Naylor doing these days...?

8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I thought I heard we have 24hour recall.....I could be mistaken

9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I believe Westy is right with no recall until Jan.
    I'm also with Weighty about not needing CB cover, we have enough with the players he mentioned.

10. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Dreadful! In defence in first half with Knudsen unable to make the simplest of clearance, playing 3 at the back just gave Barnsley acres of space down the flanks. We were lucky to be only 1 down at HT but the subs changed the game and straight away McG, Waggy, and the abrasive Garner set about the Barnsley defence
    got shots off and scored 2 good goals.
    It's early days but it's not a bad start and when everyone's available it's not a bad side, it's not a great side but if you're scoring goals you're always in with a chance.

11. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

It's a great start to the season, but with this new Ifollow and being able to watch the full match it's worrying how bad we were in that first half! The constant lumping forward at any opportunity hasn't changed. I'd like to see McG and 'Waggy' start and look forward to getting Huws back. If we can keep key players fit we should have a decent season.

12. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Great noise from the boys at the back at Oakwell the whole game, I like the song " we've got Joey Garner " to the tune of Glad all over, great stuff.

San Diego likes this.