1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barnsley (home) Player Ratings

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Weale 7 - Can't remember him having much to do but what he did do he did coolly. From where I was sitting he could do nothing with the goal

Naughton 9 - We need to sign this guy up, he was terrific. Read the game well, got forward well, was calm under pressure, and his goal was the best I've ever seen live (sorry to say I wasn't there for Nalis' against Leeds or Gudjonsson against Hull, but it was up there with the best strikes in recent years anyway)
    Bamba 8.5 - The most entertaining centre back I've ever seen! Theguy is nuts, but I love him. No complaints about his performance but he did have a few 'heart in mouth' moments! Could easily have scored if Yak had given him the one-two.
    Mee 8.5 - Didn't really put a foot wrong today, some great tackles and won most things in the air. Has redeemed himself from a bad start with 2 very good performances, so well done to the lad.
    Van Aanholt 4.5 - He was poor at Bramall Lane and poor at the Wharf today. He's quick but he didn't pass it well. Crossing was terrible. Defended ok. Not proving to be better than Berner at the moment, but it's only 2 games.

Abe 6 - I thought he had a decent game, passed it well, didn't quite get the screamer I was hoping for :angry: You have to ask though why Barnsley seemed to cut through the middle of us so often (though I blame King and Wellens for that too).
    Wellens 7 - Another good game, ran the midfield well. Again, the midfield 3 have to take some flak for the way Barnsley cut through us.
    King 8 - Did what he does best with his goals, cracking finishes. Used the ball well, was certainly not anonymous. But didn't really close down the Tykes midfield quick enough when they had it.

Vassell 5 - Pretty anonymous apart from a couple of cutting runs through the midfield. He's Sven's favourite so he'll be picked every week, even though Dyer is much better in that position. Sorry, but it's the centre or nothing for Vassell IMO.
    Yakubu 4 - Also anonymous apart from a chance in the second half where he got tackeld instead of playing it to King and Dyer who were in support either side. Generally lazy.
    Gallagher 7 - Funny game for him, his free kicks (usually his saving grace) were awful. But his general play was good, kept it simple for the most part but pulled off a couple of great passes. Scored from open play (which rarely happens) and it was a corker. Never thought I'd see a better goal than that today, but I did!

Subs
    Oakley 5.5 -
    Thought he did well when he came on, unlucky not to score with a piledriver, calm in possession
    Dyer 6 - Was on for a lot less time than Vassell but was 3 times more effective. He should definitely be playing instead.
    Hobbs 5 - Game was dead when he came on. I will be gutted if he goes out on loan.

Atmosphere 7 - Barnsley fans were pretty good, we were quite quiet but I think that reflected our slightly lazy start. Once we were in control though it was much better. The Poznan is being done by about half the East Stand now. Nice rendition of Happy Birthday for Sven :)

Half time entertainment 10 - That's more like it, Top, get them down here every game. Or at least some other hot chicks dancing (and not 12 year olds dancing in front of the West Stand like we've had before)

It was a strange game. Like against Millwall we rarely got out of 2nd gear, but looked amazingly good at times (when we had the ball). But we gave them way too much time on the ball and if we do that away we will lose. If we had been at 100% the whole way through we would have thrashed them 5 or 6 nil. But it's a bit disappointing that we let them back into the game before we kill it off.

I was disappointed that Waggy wasn't brought on again, I don't know why Sven's got it in for him. He did more in 5 minutes against Sheff Utd than Vassell has done in the last 2 games. He should be brought on after an hour, especially when we have the game wrapped up like we did today.

But hey, an important 3 points and cracking entertainment.

Don't forget to leave your ratings below <ok>

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Sol Bamba was my man of the match. I think the match was even until Oakley came on because we then bossed the midfield

3. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

just got back from the match, was well well impressed particualry with the shots on goal and particularly Naughton's goal and display.........there were some solid 8/10 and Mee well he is improving no end.

Wander what the odds are of us ending Forest's run @ home ?

Happy Birthday Sven.<cracker><cheers><gift>:emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake:

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Great post Emilio. Living where I do unless it's an evening kick off and I can get a link to a live game then it's turning on the computer early on a Sunday to get the result and lately it just gets better and better. Look foward to seeing the goals on City World and the Football League Show

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

All 4 goals was very classy goals. Theres was a good finish as well