1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barnsley Fans Annoy Johnson

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 24, 2017.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

That was last year <doh> this year approx 2000 down at same point<laugh>

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

That info was dated Wednesday o7th Sept 2016, ROD's figures are April (5 months to go)

4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

OK, missed that..lol......even so, last season, new stadium and all that........I predict it will end up more or less the same....
    At the end of the day, It's a new season in the championship, not what everyone expected a few months ago.......Clean slate....lets see where it takes us!

Red Robin likes this.
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

As Wiz politely pointed out there is still time.
    Anyway I would expect a drop in season tickets even if we finished comfortably 10th. A majority of season tickets was inflated last year on the new stadium renovation work.
    But considering the Sags finished higher than they have done in years they've managed 2,500 season tickets but they will improve like will ours.
    I understand why you and Wiz don't want to go, likewise I didn't want to with SoD . That is your right and no one will think less of you for sticking to your guns.

Red Robin likes this.
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City fall short of last year's advanced season ticket sales
    General attendances are at their highest for almost 40 years however

Bristol City’s season tickets sales for the 2017/18 campaign have been announced as hitting the 11,500-mark, which means they are down five per cent on the same period last season.
    The latest business figures may disappoint the club's senior hierarchy following the investment made into the redeveloped Ashton Gate.
    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-fall-short-last-35490

7. Red Robin

New and quality manager,with pedigree would have season tickets sales through the roof.
    Lansdown should be disappointed, and so he should be.

8. Red Robin

Sod and LJ were dealt completely different hands.
    Actually I'm impressed how many have signed up prior to knowing what league the club would be in.
    We all agree this season has been very poor.

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Last year was always going to be high, due to the ground.
    However we was a relegation threatened team with the same manager as we have this year. With a similar upturn in form at the season end.
    So even that comparison can not really be used.
    To put it into context 5% is only about 605 people. So where you get this 2000/3000 from is baffling.
    If all of those don't attend and we get off to a flyer, then some will return at certain times. Paying full price so I would suspect that gross income won't be far apart. But equally a bad start won't bring them back.
    Season tickets only generate income in form of a early payment enableing to create early income to balance transfers.
    So unless you are certain that you won't be going then the only ones that is being impacted are future players that we can't buy. Now you could argue that some was wasted last season but equally without Tammy Engvall could and hopefully Taylor Moore will play this season. If they turn out to be good then the buying for the future thing did work.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017