1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Barnsley, And More!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Surprised to see Manga given credit when his power puff defending along with Pelts on the wrong side allowed the decisive goal. I missed the Wolves game when he apparently played well but we're very often chaotic when he's in the side. I'd prefer to see Connolly at CB.

Manga is on his way out and I wont miss him. I like Peltier as a solid if unspectacular right back but I thought he was exposed at left back. He looked even more cumbersome in possession than usual playing on his weaker side.

I think the January can't come quickly enough comments from Warnock related to Amos. Losing Marshall meant we were always going to be weaker in goal but we don't need to be this bad. His positioning and footwork were horrendous for the first goal, the third needs no explanation. The 2nd was well hit but was very near to him.

2. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Who's the goalkeeping coach pat city these days? I remember Amos being caught flat-footed against Bristol Titty when a speculative cross field shot narrowly went past the post. <cool>

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Stevo - Manga was easily the best of the back 4 on Saturday. I'll accept that's not saying much when you look at the other 3 who were well below their best. Must admit there always seems to be a rickett in his game that's going to cost us one day but Saturday was when the others displayed them and not him.

I also quite like Peltier for his no nonsense approach but he was woeful on the wrong side - Warnock must take the blame for that decision. You can say the same for Morrison but his best work on Saturday was done in attack. Connolly has never found last season's form this year - his early games this season were riddled with indecisiveness and errors.

Amos is very suspect for me. Although he's made some very good reaction saves like against Wolves the previous time out, he's going to cost us more goals like those two on Saturday and the near side post failure against Bristol City that Marshall would have kept out.

Having said all that, our slow midfield recovery was on display again and offered very little protection against the quick Barnsley breaks.

4. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I agree with that Sparks.

I think the overall point is Warnock was to blame for Pelts on the left and the slowest back 6 we've ever named against a very pacy side. We're slow at the best of times but this selection has to be in the running for slowest Championship midfield/defence of all time.

Gunnar has been a revelation under Warnock, I wouldn't be surprised if the sides at the top of the division come sniffing in Jan, but he's slow. Manga, Morrison, Connolly, Pelts and Whits are all slow. We were there for the taking on the counter attack. As ridiculous as it sounds if he couldn't pick Bennet he should have named Harris instead of Noone and left him back on attacking set plays.