1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Banned

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by trundles left foot, Nov 1, 2016.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

A punishment worth receiving. As an 'ex serviceman' I'd have thought you'd be standing shoulder to shoulder with the FAW.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Lesson learned i hope.....Obey the rules or face the consequences, It's not as if we were not warned....

3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Dai, but didn't we do what we did, because we were told it didn't break the rules and maybe FIFA should have published that fans shouldn't have worn a poppuy on their coats, I am sure thousands have at any other internationals in the past with no consequences.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  4. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Rules are rules is a true saying but when the majority think a rule is bad it needs to be changed and the way to do this is to disobey or ignore it.

5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

They told us not to wear poppies on our shirts. We listened to them. What part of that don't you understand?

trundles left foot likes this.
  6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

But did FIFA explicitly say that supporters weren't allowed to wear poppies? You can just picture it, thousands of fans turning up to the game and sterwards telling them to remove your poppy, my response to them would be **** you and walk away from the game,

My father 19 at the time, did not take a landing craft into Gold beach on D Day with no thought of his own life, to witness soldiers being mowed down by machine gun fire, mortars blowing them up to then avoid this jumping over the side, to eventually drown because of the weight of kit.

FIFA can go **** themselves, and I hope the FAW do as well.

7. swanseaandproud

Don't blame me Valley I never made the stupid rule but we obviously broke them...We can all make up our reasons that wont make any difference and we must take it on the chin im afraid......Rules are rules and all that........We have a year now to try and change the rule and if we do great, but if they keep the rule in place then we have to accept it because if we disobey FiFa next year then they will come down on us hard.......It is not a big deal at the end of the day and the fans can wear their poppies if they want but the FAW must not take part in any form.......That is the rule and the FAW should have listened but they didn't and now find themselves in hot water and justifiably so even though i dont agree with the rule......We defied FiFa and now we must pay.....

8. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Can you post a copy of this rule please?

seabreeze, neveroffsidereff and 55282 like this.
  9. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

You will be waiting a long time for that. There is absolutely no ****ing chance as he has just made it up.

seabreeze, neveroffsidereff and 55282 like this.
  10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

What about England and Scotland, they completely ignored FIFA's ban and wore poppy's on their shirts as well as had poppy's around the ground and their fans wore poppy's too so why are FIFA discriminating against Wales.

Dai, you're in the know, or at least tell us all you are, so tell us all, why is FIFA investigating WALES for complying with their rule and not investigating Scotland and England who flaunted it? Answer in less than 100 words please <ok>

One Rule applies to all, One Rule to bind them,
    One Rule covers all yet in the darkness fines some
    In the Land of FIFA where shadows lie.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    seabreeze likes this.

11. swanseaandproud

Ask fifa i dont give a toss...It dont effect me and that's all that matters <ok>