1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bain

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by LAMackem, May 23, 2017.

1. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Not saying that mate....it's a results orientated business. Easy to blame someone else right? Martin Bain is running the show for Short. His result for his first year is that we got relegated and the club will lose a huge amount of revenue....fact. If he wants to bring in other commercial revenue such as ground naming or shirt sponsorship then we will not get anywhere the money being in the Championship. I'm uneasy with Bain at the moment....not sure what I have seen so far has given me warm and fuzzies...

clockstander likes this.
  2. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

You said Bain threw Moyes under the bus by not signing a striker (or trying) on to the last day of the window.

The finance part is incorrect, fact. We are seeing the accounts for the period July 15 to July 16 when he wasn't even at the club.

We won't see the period July 16 to July 17 till April 2018 when the accounts will be due to be filed, so you've got some time till we see Bain's first full year with regards to the finances. (I don't expect them to be particularly great btw).

We need someone to be ruthless, which he's being by sorting the stuff out behind the scenes, he's got a track record so I'm fine with him carrying on as he is.

LAMackem likes this.
  3. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Bottom line for me is that the buck stops with Short, Bain was brought in to resolve the mess left by previous DOF;s and previous managers failings. He's not had that much time to make significant changes, so only time will tell how good or bad he is.

Disco down under likes this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

If I'd had three bottles of wine that would have been the worst gibberish you'd ever seen in your life, fair play for still being capable of making sense.

5. mackemwelder

It's weird mate, I can still think and write but if I had to talk i'd just slur very badly. I didn't actually finish 3 bottles, only two and I opened the third one and managed another glass then fell asleep.

Billy Death and LAMackem like this.
  6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Marco Gabbiadini stated that he knows for certain that bothe Benteke and Bony were sat opposite Moyes and Bain and about to sign when Palace and Stoke simply blew us out of the water with astronomical wages (Stoke more than doubled our £80k offer to Bony) so my guess is that we tried to buy a striker but the money they wanted was too much

7. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Lightweight. <laugh>

8. mackemwelder

I know mate, but i'm pleased I fell asleep cos I can only imagine how much worse my head would have been this morning had I finished the third one.

Billy Death likes this.
  9. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

10. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Both of those moved in the Summer and Benteke cost about £30m so Marco is talking ****e yet again.

Bony went to Stoke on loan in the summer and there was no mention of interest from us. Why would Stoke double a loan players wage. Call bullshit on that one too.

Gabbiadini has been a cock all season. As clueless as Mickey Gray