1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bad New Confirmed on BBC

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by HOADIE_BOI, May 19, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

2. BlueAndWhiteArmy

BlueAndWhiteArmy New Member

Yep, not too surprised to be honest, thought that Cody was too good for us anyway. Clearly he wants to play at a higher level, and at his age he has ambition for himself, it's just a shame that he couldn't fulfill this at Gillingham. However, was good to hear how he clearly enjoyed him time at the club.

On top of that the news that Barcham has decided to leave the club was also confirmed. I was more surprised about this. Think that he's a good player when he's fit but with his history of injuries, clubs will be wary of offering him a deal.

All in all Cody will be a bigger loss and Hessy really has a job on his hands now. Not only does he have to spend every hour of his summer delving into the transfer market, he will also need to lift the atmosphere at the club which I'm sure will have been affected losing two of its better players. Good luck Hessy, I',m glad I'm not in your shoes!

3. HOADIE_BOI

I was upset about Barcham going, How are we going to be able to move on without him. Will need to bring in a very good player to replace him.

4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

He was ok but not irreplaceable.

Hess just has to work a little harder.

5. HOADIE_BOI

I am mainly upset because he is my favorite player in our team.

6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I thought that was Cody ?

7. Carras_Prodigy

barcham will be a big loss. good wingers are incredibly hard to come by, especially at this level as anyone who is fast and a bit tricky is quickly snapped up by championship and league 1 sides, leaving the old-style wide midfielders like spiller/southall that require a solid 4-4-2 system. thats what i expect from us next year, a very rigid formation with less creative ability down the flanks, certainly i dont expect anyone to be able to run past their defender with any regularity.
    i can see a lot of crosses from deep, and although that worked very well against stockport away, i guarantee it wont every week, as the margins with those kind of crosses are much smaller. as for a striker, i would like us to go after wes thomas at cheltenham

8. browntownlad

browntownlad New Member

Barcham has been good for us but ultimately the club hasn't progressed during his time here and he probably couldn't see us moving on in leaps and bounds for at least another season or two, if at all by then even! It'll probably take this season to build another good core for the team so we might not be pushing for L1 until the 12/13 season. I hope I'm wrong and I guess we could and probably should be floating around the top half next season and if promotion is on the cards then that would be marvellous but I wont be surprised if we end up 9th or 10th.

9. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Brandy anyone?

10. The Shouting Man

The Shouting Man Active Member

Nay thanks, I'm a vodka man

:emoticon-0168-drink

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

11. HOADIE_BOI

lol