1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Back to Earth

Discussion in 'Reading' started by SuffolkRoyal, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

So what happens tomorrow then? We had a pretty impressive win at Leeds on Tuesday, following a couple of dire draws against Yeovil and Brighton. They, in turn, followed an impressive win at QPR.

So we're at home tomorrow against a very good Derby team. Will the momentum from Tuesday continue or, as has happened so many times this season, will we capitulate and hand the points to Derby?

In all my years of supporting Reading I have never known a team which was so unpredictable. The only thing I am confident about tomorrow is that we will win, lose or draw. But whatever the outcome, this squad of players is nowhere near good enough for promotion. We need far more consistency than they seem to be able to produce.

2. Stellaman

Stellaman Member

Well a Draw,Alfie missing a sitter by the sound of it.

3. furiousgrumpywilliam

all things considered a good point, but to be honest not enough to maintain a playoff push, Personally I would prefer to play out the season , get new owners in [this is most urgent] and prepare for next season s push for the premiership. to go up this season I think would be disastrous , we would be just cannon fodder next season .

4. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Not sure there is, or ever was, going to be a new owner Bill. I said at the beginning of January I thought it was just a ploy to divert the fans attention from the lack of activity in the transfer market. I know it sounds like a cynical view but I'm afraid thats how I feel about the club at the moment.

Madejski has been looking to sell the club for the last 7 years or so. He hasn't found a buyer yet (excluding the Russian fiasco) so I see no reason to get hopefull that he will find one any time soon.

But as you say, that is the only thing that will give us any chance of moving forward.