1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aye we are ****ed this time

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Horsham TomSAFC

Horsham TomSAFC Active Member

Gil,
    thing is we have had too many bad days at office,Palace H,Everton H,Arsenal H,Swansea A,Burnley A,Stoke H & A.
    Collectively,we have shipped 22 goals in those seven matches.I would say that at least 18 of those were gifted to the opposition.
    Until we stop doing this we are f*****d
    I remain optimistic,however this is being slowly drained out of me with our continued inept performances!Do we have some ability,Yes the ability at times to make the opponents look like Barcelona.
    Never mind two easy games coming up WBA away and Spurs home
    Trying to keep the faith

2. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Agree totally re the bad days at the office but whilst there's hope I will cling to it

3. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

29 points will keep us up this season I reckon, Palace away 4th Feb the biggest game of the season now, we should have Ndong, Khasri, Anechebe and a couple of others back by then thankfully.

4. Horsham TomSAFC

Horsham TomSAFC Active Member

Montgomery sir are you for real,29 points will keep us up (in the two points per win era a possibility) but add another ten to that total and we could just do it.
    Lets think about the two games we have before then to see how we need to approach the Palace game

5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

<laugh>. You been drinking weed killer again?

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  6. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Well maybe not 29
    But the others are just as bad and I can see teams with extremely low points staying up
    I feel there will be a few teams not reach 40

7. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

People always ignore the fact that teams get safe in this league and then stop trying as hard, the mid table teams from about 8th down to 14th, they just start preserving themselves, pulling out of tackles, making sure they don't get injured... it's mad to look at fixtures and form and say it'll just continue that way.

Clubs will start to scrap down the bottom, that's when you want to avoid them if you're challenging for anything.

Anybody finishing with less than 30 points in this league will be going down, make no mistake about it.

clockstander likes this.
  8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely - although we played really well without Anichebe against the dippers - can;t work them out - it's like they turned up to a game we'd already won on Saturday - our midfield is so poor it's terrifying - they missed N'Dong on Saturday without a doubt - he's a better player in there than Rodwell (and I've championed Rodwell recently but he was garbage on Saturday) and Denayer is better with N'Dong alongside him.

Against Liverpool, we started with a team that shouldn't be able to get a point from anyone in the division.

Saturday we started with a similar side and got nothing!

Mannone should've done better with the 3rd goal IMO but otherwise had no chance with the goals and did OK

Love - Likes a tackle and I think he's going to be a canny player but Saturday wasn;t his best.
    O'Shea & Djilibodji - scarily exposed by the midfield IMO
    PVA - Por game - has his head been turned?

Rodwell and Denayer - Championed by me (both of them) a number of times but they were both rubbish on Saturday - there were times when Rodwell was hiding behind a taller player from our throw ins - as if he didn;t actually want the ball making it almost impossible for the full back to get the ball to him
    Borini - full of energy but had a poor game
    Januzaj - our stand out player IMO - never hid and always seemed to want to get things going
    Larsson - huffed and puffed - did OK but that's about it - shouldn;t be playing on the wing any more!

Defoe - Usual hard work and a goal but what can you do without much help from behind

Subs - Oh yeah.....

Nacho likes this.
  9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

he found the rest of welders brandy bottle..

10. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

The revival will start with defeat to Burnley tomorrow in the Cup, thereby clearing the way for a stonking rise in league form from "hopeless" to "crap". This will prompt us to take the lead against West Brom on Saturday, only to hand them a swift three back on a plate to resounding shouts of "boing, boing!" from the Baggie fans. We'll next take our crap form into the Spurs fixture, where a flat back ten will give rise to a plucky rearguard action, keeping the score down to 2-0 (Kane, O'Shea o.g.). This will raise our form from "crap" to "bad" and we then roll into Selhurst Park, where we have a tradition of jammy away wins recently. Sadly, tradition counts for little and Big Sam will chomp his way through three packets of Wrigleys and one Wilfred Zaha as Palace pull off a spawny 1-0 win and start to climb out of trouble. We'll get a sympathetic nod on MOTD and a note that our form is now "mediocre", where it will remain until April when our Championship level squad realize that they are in danger of ending up in the Championship. We will then twat every team in sight until we reach the heady heights of 4th bottom, when our form turns full circle into "hopeless" once again. Plus ca change...

Repeat ad nauseam until death does us part.

Nacho, gelders pie, RTB and 1 other person like this.