1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aye we are ****ed this time

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Jan 14, 2017.

1. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Watford seemed to have strengthened but look worse this season so fair point. Boro are harder to judge, promoted teams are easy to underestimate as their players are more of an unknown, Negredo is a beast though :)

Boro are you're best hope of avoiding relegation i reckon. Though they are 5 points ahead and their next two games are W.Ham (H) and W.Brom (H). I think things will get worse before they get better but 11th March onwards you'll pick up a good run somewhere:

upload_2017-1-15_0-46-14.png

Nacho likes this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Boro look a decent side but newly promoted sides often run out of steam and it could happen to them, most likely will as it happens to almost everybody who's just gone up.

Watford look in free fall, they aren't scoring or playing well and are the ones I'd package with Hull and Swansea as our best chance of staying up.

3. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I've always tried to look as objective as I can when looking at Sunderland's chances of survival, my thought process has always been......are there 3 squads worse than ours.......This season, I don't think there is, in fact I reckon only Swansea has worse players than we do. That might change as well if their manager gets some funds to buy new players. Yesterday was the very first time I actually turned off the game after they scored their second goal, never thought I could do that, but watching our team right now is painful, like watching the death of a dear friend...how has it gone so bad.......

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  4. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

The newly promoted clubs normally have a big win in them like we did when we first came up with Keane and Boro certainly look capable of that. WE don't look as if we have a draw in us at the moment, the team is a shambles.

We look like 11 volunteers from the pub who have gone out to play a Sunday league game, thinking about the beer afterwards..

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Hmmm now where have I heard that before?

6. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

With WBA up next and then Spurs at home, we could already be too far adrift for our keeper to save us mate.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  7. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

If Stoke can do what they did to us, I shudder to think what a free flowing Spurs team will do....Scary

Gil T Azell likes this.
  8. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Very scary indeed mate and WBA have been in decent form recently as well and are well capable of doing some damage.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  9. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

Crustaceans we are crab atm

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Did he blame individuals at your lot then?

11. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

No more the tactical things mate, he just had no answers. He let all teams just come to OT and attack us, that just doesn't happen.

He had a tendency to annoy players for no reason like when he turned up and said RVP was his number one striker... We know that but why? It only angered Rooney and the others.

12. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Went over against Liverpool and was expecting a cricket score against us. Came away disappointed we didn't get 3 points.
    Went over yesterday expecting 3 points and we were atrocious.
    Against Spurs I am expecting another hammering. Can SAFC surprise us again?

But to be honest I am only expecting 1 point from the next 9 available. Like you say we could be adrift by the time young Jordan comes back.

Makemstine Roger and RTB like this.
  13. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Oh right. I thought he was ok on the technical side of things to begin with here but he's so negative and would rather play for the draw than go for the win. And without Anichebe he doesn't seem to know what to do.

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Are we ****ed this season?

**** knows. SAFC is a bonkers club.

Its like a circus, full of clowns but may have a decent act in there somewhere.

clockstander and Gil T Azell like this.
  15. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

A team in mid table always goes into free fall. Our issue is will be be bottom by the time that happens?

We need to sign a couple of players. Time to sell Khazri and Lens in order to buy. We could get 18m for those 2.

16. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Optimistic

17. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Just had a look at the league table. You're far from ****ed. You're in a beter position, league wise, than you were a month or so ago. Still time to turn it around. Moysey won't relegate you

smithy in nl likes this.
  18. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Perversely apart from Hull we had ' the best result ' out of the bottom four, Watford dropped points at home, Boro can't score regularly enough to win games.

People are saying Palace have some good players, well so do we the difference is Palace are one point ahead of us with a full squad available, we are into double figures with injured players and have been nearly all season.

I'd add Bournemouth to the mix but admit Burnley's home form is outstanding and will probably be enough for them.

I've added Bournemouth cos they let Hull yes Hull score three against them after being gifted an early lead.

I know its depressing at the moment and doesn't look like getting much better any time soon but we've been here before and in worse situations so WE CAN do this.

I haven't given up yet but the wife has hidden all the sharp knives and razor blades. KTF.

19. Gil T Azell

Very

20. Gil T Azell

I think Watford will drop down into the bottom three.