1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Attn: Expats. streaming NCFC games overseas

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Hairy Mary Quite Canary, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

In case any other fans stranded in far flung lands are interested... I emailed the support boffins at the new iFollow streaming service that Norwich are a part of to ask about catch up viewing Norwich games. They confirmed whilst you have an active subscription you can view every Norwich game that they stream the next day or any other time for duration of season. That's the whole game "as live" or highlights and extras etc.

With two little boys keen to see games here in Sydney but most starting around 2am, I suspect I shall be watching this seasons games at a more civilised hour Sunday mornings from now on. No spoilers please <laugh>

chinacanary and Gambia Canary like this.
  2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Ah, so you won't be reading any MTDs then!!!! <laugh>

3. Gambia Canary

Gambia Canary Active Member

Would love to have this but getting internet capable of supporting it here would cost £50 a month and the Bosslady would probably kill me as it would be another excuse to drink more

KIO likes this.
  4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Thanks for this info Hairy, may well look more in to it. Any idea how much the subscription costs?

5. Gambia Canary

£110 a season by the looks, which is reasonable I think

6. ThaiCanary

Yeah, just found it. Might try the £5.00 match pass to begin with - in case the season goes south a bit early <laugh>

7. Mexican Canary

I think I will try it , just bought a new 49" HD smart tv. I think £110 pounds is fairly reasonable. Saturday games start at 9am for me here, nice way to start the day<cheers> obtc!!!!!

8. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Great thread HMQC, many thanks - not just overseas fans that can't get to see many games!

So am I right thinking that this won't show games live, but the full match will be available shortly afterwards?

EDIT: ah, I see no such luck for UK-based fans...

9. Bravo_Win_or_Die

Bravo_Win_or_Die Active Member

I was taking a look at this. Am I right in thinking the Fulham game will not be shown?

10. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Looks like it will be shown, Bravo:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/iFollow/iFollow-Norwich/

"What can iFollow Norwich offer? iFollow Norwich will, for the first time, enable City fans based outside the UK and Ireland to watch the team during the regular EFL season.

Kicking off at the start of the 2017-18 EFL season, overseas subscribers will be able to watch up to 46 live games in HD quality. iFollow Norwich will show every Canaries league match live unless that match has been selected by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners."

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Matches/Fixtures/

"August
    please log in to view this image
    Fulham
    Craven Cottage Score Norwich City - Fulham A Sat Aug 05 2017 15:00
    Norwich City versus Fulham, Sat Aug 05 2017, Live on iFollowTickets sold out Norwich City versus Fulham, Sat Aug 05 2017, Tickets / Hospitality infoNorwich City versus Fulham, Sat Aug 05 2017, Match Centre
    Swindon Town
    Carrow Road Score Norwich City - Swindon Town H Tue Aug 08 2017 19:45
    Norwich City versus Swindon Town, Tue Aug 08 2017, Live on iFollow Norwich City versus Swindon Town, Tue Aug 08 2017, Buy tickets Norwich City versus Swindon Town, Tue Aug 08 2017, Tickets / Hospitality infoNorwich City versus Swindon Town, Tue Aug 08 2017, Match Centre"

11. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Hi Rob, yes it sounds like only overseas fans get the live streaming option. It's only audio for UK residents (at a cheaper cost). I suspect the highlights options will be available to everyone but similar to last season, just a few mins of action that will be shown 24hrs later on youtube too.

12. Canary Spring

Correction to my post. Now they say this:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2017/august/ifollow-app/

"As previously communicated, a live stream for the game will not be available to overseas subscribers for the Fulham match as it has been selected for overseas broadcast. The Canaries’ first home league game against Sunderland on August 13 will be the first to be streamed live."

13. ThaiCanary

That would suggest it will be available elsewhere.....i.e Feed2all for example?

14. Canary Spring

I hope so, Thai. I'm counting on it! I saw somewhere that ESPN3 will show the game, so Feed2All will be the place to start for me.

15. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

This is great, thanks

16. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I thought at $185 AUD for not a whole season (all games shown on TV live are not live on the stream) was a bit much personally. I might get a game and see what the quality is and assess later whether I get it

17. ThaiCanary

That might be a wise decision. I have read some less than flattering reports about the service. I think there was something on the ITFC board about the poor quality of commentary last weekend.

http://www.not606.com/threads/ifollow-thoughts-so-far.351021

zogean_king likes this.
  18. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Thanks, that doesn't look good. I can probably find some dodgy stream haha

19. Bravo_Win_or_Die

Bravo_Win_or_Die Active Member

I watched the Sunderland game on iFollow this morning (I live in the US).
    Video quality was actually quite good.
    However, no commentary, no replays (so no editing at all), and the audio (crowd noise) lagged behind the video by about 20 seconds. The live coverage is about a minute behind the real thing, or at least you get goal notifications from BBC sport about a minute before the goal on the live coverage.
    The camera operator was also not professional standard. Zooming in on the corner flag, zooming out a little too late when the corners were taken. Several times lost concentration.
    Let's hope for some improvements.

20. Gambia Canary

My son presently in The Gambia subscribed for the whole season and watched the Sunderland game. He says that all things considered re above comments its good value to be able to watch the games live in TG. Considering we only get 2 or 3 games a year in the local video club its a great improvement.