1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Attack in Barcelona

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I've lived in british communities abroad.

It's what people do.

Breaking up communities. <doh>

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have you ever had any contact with Muslim communities?

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Cowards !!!. I'd like to string these guys up by the eyelids and beat them in the balls till they blink

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Who?

Do you not think that integrating these 'closed communities' is the best way of identifying and defeating this religious/political ideology? Bringing communities together is probably one way of defeating this hatred.

5. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I haven't, but have spoken with many teachers/friends who teach in schools with a large ethnic minority population etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3579077/Shocking-story-extremism-class.html

I also remember going to play rugby league in Bradford 15 years ago and we were categorically told not to go down certain areas because it wasn't safe/not allowed etc too.

6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

But we accept their way of life, cultures etc, some come from Asia here don't, that's why they want Sharia Law and why some are confident enough to preach on our street corners hate etc.

Integration of communities is the way forward.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

It's Cardiff, what do you expect! <laugh>

Seriously though, I've not seen anything like the problems that are suggested in London.
    The communities aren't anywhere near as closed as people say it is in the media.
    One of the worst mosques for radicalisation is in Finsbury Park and it's a pretty mixed area.

The issue is the Saudi money funding a lot of these hate preachers, in my opinion.
    You'll always find the odd person in any community that's pliable and weak.
    Jihadists on one side, Nazis on another.

Big Ern and PINKIE like this.
  8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Exactly my point. I should have said integrate rather than break up from the start. By integrating their communities with the rest of Britain, we can find these ****ers and get rid of them.

9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

That's not a matter of integration, it's a matter of funding fringe lunatics.
    How would integration affect that?

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

B

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

By integrating communities, it would make it harder for preachers to spout their ideology and make it more difficult for people to become manipulated and brainwashed, thus ending the feeling of 'us and them'? It might also make it easier to identify these preachers as communities become more open and communicate with their neighbours etc?

The only other alternative is to put 'spies' in every mosque to identify them?

12. Burly Hurley

Of course it is. But it takes time.

What you don't do is knee-jerk react to the latest story.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  13. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

A lot of the terrorists seem to come from pretty integrated places already, though.
    The two idiots that killed Lee Rigby were from South London and weren't born to Muslim families, for example.

People know about these preachers already, too.
    Anjem Choudary, Omar Bakri Muhammad and Abu Hamza were quite clear about who they were for years.

14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

True <ok>

15. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Officials say 13 killed and 80 others injured

16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

But it's not a knee-jerk reaction and is increasingly becoming more and more regular. Not jgood st here, but abroad.

17. Burly Hurley

I think you need to read the last few threads again mate.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I do understand where you are coming from on this, although it might not have been that well expressed to start with. There are some ethnic communities that would rather keep their culture separate from British mainstream culture, not the majority, but there is an element of this. I am actually a firm believer that if you move to another country then you should try to integrate yourself into that culture as fully as possible. I'm not saying that people should give up their customs and beliefs, but if you want to live in a country, then you have to accept it's laws and customs and not create separate enclaves.

I do not accept those wanting to pursue Sharia law in the UK (or anywhere really), but that's mainly because I think it is very discriminatory, especially towards women and homosexuals. But this integration has to work both ways. If we want people to live peacefully in this country (which 99.9% of people do)hen British culture also has to accept those differences too.

In reality though in 2017 'British culture' is a melting pot of diverse ethnic and socio-economic integration anyway. You now have 3rd and 4th generation black, asian. middle eastern, chinese people who are as British as any white person with British heritage. The problem with radicalisation, as has been mentioned above, is more to do with radical preachers and extreme material on the internet.

19. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

What would you do if people kept dropping bombs on your families for money? Would you fight back in some way? we've been bombing them and making sure they never get out from under their dictators thumb for as long as I can remember (and a few centuries before that)

People call them cowards, but they're not cowards, foolish and naive maybe, but not cowards, they're ready to die for a cause they believe in, rightly or wrongly. It's more cowardly to fly at 35,000 feet and wipe out whole families because a man with more stripes on his arm told you to and you didn't want to say no because you'd get in trouble.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  20. Burly Hurley

They might be ready to die for what they believe in, but killing innocents is still cowardly.