1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Attack in Barcelona

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, Aug 17, 2017.

1. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

Reports say up to 13 dead

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Unlucky for some.

#toosoon

Libby, AKCJ and Archers Road like this.
  3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

How do you stop it? Don't let the ****ers that went to Syria back into Europe for a start.

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Usually it's people who are born in Europe so that's thar out the window.

Edit: misread comment still doubt that would apply to all.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  5. Stan

Stan Stalker

It's horrific and seemingly potentially around the corner in every big western city. Can't see it ending for generations to come.

RIP.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That's just one aspect of it though. A lot of the attackers over the last 12 months have been 'homegrown' terrorists who have been radicalised in their own countries.

Lovearsenalcock and Libby like this.
  7. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

The authorities need to round up all suspected/known terrorist sympathisers and those currently under investigation and use them as shark bait.

I'd also get rid of their families too. That's the only way to make our streets safe.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Personally I think internet sites like Google, Youtube, Facebook, Whatsapp etc have got to do more to try and restrict radical material from being shared. Not saying that's an easy task to police. But they don't seem to be doing a great deal at the moment to be stopping this material from going online. All you need to be radicalised these days is a computer or a smartphone.

I'm not really in favour of the 'snoopers charter' where there is blanket access is granted to people's private information, but I do think intelligence agencies need to have access to people that they flag up. And the internet companies need to be doing more to remove material and report offenders to the relevant agencies.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not going to happen, neither should it. Basically you are proposing that innocent members of suspects families should be murdered ?
    That makes it no better than the people who perpetrate these crimes in the first place.

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

Don't think he was suggesting killing them <laugh>

Agree though that it won't or shouldn't happen.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I thought he was suggesting that they be used as Shark bait <laugh>

Skylarker and Archers Road like this.
  12. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Not suggesting killing their families but those living here with dual citizenship etc would be moved back to their country of birth.

There are far too many Asian communities in Britain where they impose their way of life, rules and cultures.

These communities need breaking up and forced into fully engaging with British values, customs and traditions.

We would have no choice in the middle east/Asia. If they don't like it, tough. They need to be fully integrated into society.

13. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Only the known suspects/sympathisers.

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

You still haven't addressed the fact that most of these terrorists are 'homegrown'

15. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Went there last Thursday and came back yesterday.
    Me, Mrs RCL and my girls went to Las Ramblas 3 or 4 times and on Tuesday were there most of the afternoon and ate in a restaurant...just 48 hours ago...there by the grace of god and all that.

I have no idea about the answer to the slaughter but innocent people are dying the world over due to extremism of all sorts and it's awful not knowing if it will ever stop.
    The only certain thing is that it won't stop any time soon.

16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Did you not read the part about Asian communities need to be broken up and fully integrated into society? There also needs to be a huge undercover operation in Mosques etc. All hate preachers should be kicked out of Britain too.

17. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

How are you going to break up the Asian communities?

18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

@ValleyGraduate12
    Disagree cos it doesn't address the whole issue.

Before I start I want to make it clear that I do not condone any of this **** and I am not lumping you in with what am about to write.

Extremism of all types is growing.

Jo Cox was murdered but many for example the Mail refused to call it what it was...terrorism. The Mail was the only paper not to report the terrorists conviction on the front page...iirc it was on page 20 something.

Trump refused to call the killer at the weekend a terrorist and instead chose to "condemn violence of both sides" ignoring that the racists turned up armed to the teeth according to local police.

Most Governments particularly ours and Americas lied through its teeth when it launched military attacks in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria killing thousands of innocent civilians.

Russia's government is supporting and organising the murder of civilians who speak out against Putin and Israel is supported by the UN while it abuses Palestinian civilians.

Terrorists use these things and others to justify their violence against innocent people.

My point is that until ALL violence against civilians is equally opposed then this **** will continue.

What is the point in condemning this type of terrorism but denying anotherlĺ?

I ain't pretending to have a solution but ALL terrorism and extremism needs addressing rather than letting certain media outlets and politicians decide what they want to deal with and what they want to ignore cos that way lies a greater nightmare in my opinion.

There is little if any honesty in this debate in the real world ... the politics thread on here shows that...and anyone who does not stop at condemning is accused of sympathising with terrorism.

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

No idea. However, these communities need to be more 'open' rather than becoming secluded and cut off from the wider community. We need to start by asking why aren't people within these communities reporting (although in the recent London attacks I do believe they were reported by the local community and ignored) and challenging this ideology and reporting the filth that preach it?

20. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

You sound like Tommy Robinson.

You can't just break up communities!! That's ludicrous.

Should we break up our community as we cause damage on a bigger scale than these minority ****ery groups?

PINKIE likes this.