1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aston Villa v Leeds Utd / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 27, 2016.

?

SCORELINE:Aston Villa v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Dec 29, 2016.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

16.7%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Aston Villa by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Leeds by 1

50.0%
  7. Aston Villa by 2

16.7%
  8. Leeds by 2

8.3%
  9. Aston Villa by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

8.3%
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Aston Villa v Leeds Utd

Thursday 29th December 2016 @19.45pm

Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone,

Following our amazing victory at Deepdale yesterday, Leeds now prepare to travel the 112 mile trip down South to Villa Park.

Surprising to a lot of people Garry Monk switched around his back four yesterday. He had Ayling and Jansson at centre back, Bartley at left back (given the job of marking Makienok) and bought Berardi back as right back.

Is Garry Monk conceding that Berardi is not a capable left back, or was there more to it than that?

Doukara did a sterling job up front on Tuesday, but with Chris Wood fit again, will our French-Senegalese player retain a starting position.

Similarly Roofe scored yesterday, and provided the assists for the second and third goals. Will this be enough to keep his starting slot, or will Hernandez start?

Villa occupy 10th position in the Championship. They beat Burton on Tuesday courtesy of a late Ross McCormack winner. Let's hope he has used up all his goal allowance's for December.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    ristac and Farsleyexile like this.
  2. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Villa have won their last 5 home games and are near the top of the form table with 12 points from 6

They have not been impressing even so but I think this will be a stiff test

Got a feeling we may still edge it, Leeds to win by the odd goal. But we should be happy with any result.

3. 2020VisionofLeeds

And ....... we are second in firm table with 15 from 6, by the way. Only Derby above us, glad we don't have to play them soon .......... oh

ellandback likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

this will be the biggest test so far this season. We lost against the teams above us but Villa under Bruce are playing like they should have from the start of the season. They are a decent squad and if we can do them we will know we can compete properly.

Hoping for another 3 points and a great window

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all... if we had screwed up yesterday I would have given Monk such a hard time on changing a solid defence.

I still think it is silly to do so but Monk is a coach working with players daily, we won, we are top 6, we are looking good, I on the other hand I am just a fan so who am I to question.

Is Taylor injured? I expect to see Wood and Hernadez to come off the bench...

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Charlie needed a break as he has started very game this season, and a sore Achilles needed some rest, so he could be back against Villa. Great news though that Monk can interchange a solid defence and still get results and clean sheets.

Looking forward to seeing how many of our loan players Monk signs full time. Bartley, Pontus is a must

7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Or is taylor sold already and not being risked?

Marcos Barber and Irishshako like this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. I watch more Villa games to most due to son in law being a fan. They are a little above average and not worthy of some of the positivity I see being heaped on them. Even their Burton win was a scramble against a poor Burton side. It won't be easy against them but I expect us to get a result at Villa Park barring a calamity. Re Taylor, is prefer if he stayed but as with Cook and Bryan, there are lots of players out there just as good or better so he's certainly not irreplaceable given Monks sharp eye for quality signings

Whitejock and Marcos Barber like this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning 2020, great vision as always :emoticon-0105-wink:

I agree, I'd settle for any kind of win.

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Moring Doc, think Nugent has already packed. Sounds like a done deal, and Hernandez has agreed to join us permanently, probably on a 2 year deal.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Taylor had a strain of some kind, but is expected to start on Thursday.

Morning btw <ok>

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Not the case Glory.

Morning pal

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, well said Sir, positively, that's what we need... Don't think Taylor will be going anywhere this transfer window...

14. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Great result yesterday. Now hoping for at least a point off villa and then a lecture from Monk to ensure we don't slacken off against Rotherham.

On who will start, I suspect Wood will, but almost hope Monk starts with the same XI that started against Preston. Would show that the shirt has to be earned, and that a good performance will help help you to keep it

Farsleyexile likes this.
  15. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Book marked:grin:

16. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Happy holidays one and all :emoticon-0167-beer: mine just got a whole lot better :emoticon-0167-beer:

I have two boys, one is 13 and loves football, the other is 11 and isn't into it at all. I always vowed never to push them into supporting Leeds, mainly because we live so far away (Suffolk) and can't go regularly. Eldest chose Arsenal because my wife's family are season ticket holders.

Anyway, with our form and a run of tv matches he has started telling people he is half Arsenal and half Leeds. Yesterday, while watching Gillette soccer and the goals were flowing he was flicking around on his 'phone and said Leeds are on telly again Thursday, can we get a curry and watch it together - of course I said yes and was delighted that it was his idea. Then he said the magic words..... Will you take me to Elland Road next time you go :emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance

2 tickets purchased for Monday and he is nearly as over the moon as me :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

17. 2020VisionofLeeds

Judging by the kids wearing Man C Chelsea etc shirts in LEEDS parks I've seen, we've lost a lot

But hopefully this is a sign its on the turn, and maybe the plastic kids will come back too

Marcos Barber likes this.
  18. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Monk picked a team to physically match up to Preston, he will pick a team to match Villa for skill .. expect Wood to start and move Villa's defenders around .. Villa are much better than Preston, so Monk will be looking to thwart them again and beat them on the break .. Taylor should be back if fit .. heard a rumour CR7 wants to come and play with Ronaldo Vieira, so who knows about transfers until they're announced .. anything is possble with Cellino, and his upcoming ban has certainly added to the uncertainty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

CR7 ??

20. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Ok, so let's look forward to next season. We're in the PL. We've got all the players currently as loanees, & we've not lost anyone. Cellino comes toyou & said we have enough money to bring one ex Leeds player who is still playing back to the club. Who would you bring back? Me, I would choose either Delph, Snodgrass or Beckford; probably Delph. How about you/