1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ashley

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by General Lee Speaking, Jan 15, 2017.

1. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

2. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Back to signing ****e from France courtesy of Alan Carr?

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't think it has ever changed - he just allowed a short departure to ensure he is back in the big money.

This is why many were saying let's see what happens over a few seasons or if we go back up. I don't believe he will ever change. His view would be why should I? My way has got me this far, I'm not having a bunch of daft geordies tell me otherwise.

This is just the mirror and speculation of course. I still think we are the same old club and Rafa will probably walk at some stage.

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

If you go off reports from the summer, one of the key terms of Rafas contract was that he had final say on transfers. If Ashley is unilaterally changing that then Rafa will resign and sue for constructive dismissal. Breach of contract a la Keegan.

5. Warmir Pouchov

I don't think he'd sue personally, I think he'd just say thanks but no thanks.

6. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I hate the Mirror. It's probably total garb. He's not that much of a twit is he....

I think it's going to be difficult to do this sort of thing now anyway. English club moves for any player the default minimum response is the the price starts 20m. Some of the numbers being banded around for bang average players is rediculous

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

That policy never actually went away.
    The Mirror never tells the truth too so this is a 'non story' for me.

Consett Mag likes this.
  8. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

It a t be easy atm with the amount of money being spunked on **** players. There are bargains to be found but they are probably not in the championship or premiership. I think the best we can do is loan signings until we get in the premier league. There are good players sitting in the reserves of many premiership teams we could bring in.

9. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

Exactly this. All of those thinking that Ashley had finally learnt his lesson were the most deluded Geordies of all time. If Rafa gets us up that will be his job done as far as Ashley is concerned. He will gamble that we can get a cheaper man in and cling on. Ashley will start his antics again, Rafa will walk because he has an actual backbone, as opposed to jelly fish Pardew, and we will be back to square one.......................... ah well, it was good while it lasted.

10. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

if its true true and raf walked that's me finished with the fuka's until fatty ****s off .

11. leez

leez Well-Known Member

aye never trusted the bloke ..if it goes back to the way it was ran , then rafa best just to walk ..and i would not blame him either ..

12. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Looks like the mirror have properly suckered a fair amount of fans!

Rafa has had battles to fight with owners before. He won't just walk away from a job he loves. He'll fight and get what he wants. Even Ashley wouldn't pick this moment and risk knacking up the cake when it's only half cooked!

As has been said - fake news - non story.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  13. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

There's prob more truth in the Torres story lads <laugh>

14. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Absolute Shiite!

How this can be regarded as journalism is beyond me.

When there's nothing controversial or exciting to write about as far as Newcastle United are concerned, just make something up! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Rafa would simply not be having any of this.

Clearly, it's the way this club got into so much trouble before and now that we have the perfect Manager, we need to stick to letting him buy EXACTLY who he wants.
    Daryl Murphy anyone? :1980_boogie_down:

15. Warmir Pouchov

It's not a massive stretch to think he would this. Indeed it would be incredibly naive to think he wouldn't - history tells us as much. I just think the Mirror would not be my source and it appears based on nothing.

Rafa has alluded to us struggling to get deals done, putting it down to silly fees and clubs not wanting to sell - normal January. They seem to have twisted that into something else.

One season would not make me think Mike has changed - anybody thinking that is a happy clapper. However time will tell as always!

anyobrien and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.
  16. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

For those who are saying it's a total non-story Mark and Lee have basically all but confirmed that there has been meetings this past week and that the sources are well informed. Confirmed without actually confirming.

As has been said above, if this is true and Rafa walks then I'll also walk until we get real change. There's a difference between going from **** to **** (Pardew-Carver-McClaren), to actually bringing in someone top class, giving us hope and then ripping it away. That's cruel even by Ashley's standards.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  17. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

People meet. Of course they do. Is that really a story?

18. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Nothing would surprise me with Ashley. I actually thought he'd turned over a new leaf, but maybe not. His next car crash decision could be just round the corner. The blokes an utter cock. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw the fat knacker.

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Rafa has also confirmed they've met but intimated it's to talk transfer business.
    Manager and bosses meeting in the transfer window is happening all over the world right now.... but some lazy hacks who don't like to see stability at NUFC and things going right always look to stir the pot.
    Ask yourself one question.... in a window where very little business is getting done.... would Ashley suddenly look to put it out that he's had a change of policy all of a sudden? A glance at the table says we are doing things right at present. If ANY change in club policy on ANY matter is to be changed then it will be in the Summer... when....

1- Our league status is know
    2- Our financial year has just been completed
    3- We draw up our budgets for the new season

Simples...

20. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He will be disappointed he had no bids for **** players we can over price, so he'll want Rafa out