1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

As it looks like you guys aren't going to have much interest after christmas

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by lifecheshirewhite, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

I have watched the likes of Bryan and Reid miss the goal by miles and others. Its their technique they do not even look at the target before shooting. They should be looking at the target when they strike the ball, not their feet. Our coaching staff aint up to much if they cannot see it.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

That's interesting Red Hub - When I used to play in the Wiltshire league back in the day, our team's top striker used to play for Bristol Rovers would you believe (not the first team), and when playing for them he said his coach used to tell him NOT to look up at the goal. He told me that his coach used to say ' Why waste time looking up for the goal? you know where it is - it isn't going to move. Just concentrate on getting your shot off as quickly and cleanly as you can and use the surrounding landmarks in vision (corner flag, stand etc) to judge where to aim for'.
    I have to admit that I adopted the same ethos and my goal to strike rate improved.
    We are only talking poxy Wiltshire league level of course, but I'm sure it must translate across all levels.

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Joe Bryan clearly looked at the goal before shooting Saturday leading to the first goal. Looking at the ball as it is struck is normal. Even average players like Messi do it.

4. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

If their technique was even ok they would not miss the target as often as they do. The finishing is beyond diabolical and there is a reason for it, not just bad luck. ' Why waste time looking up for the goal? you know where it is' our lot clearly do not.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.