1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: What happens if we do sell Nicky? | Football, Bristol City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Aug 25, 2011.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I see that Leicester and West Ham are still looking at taking NM and the price could be as high as 6million with add ons.

Let's just suppose that he has played his last game for BCFC and we pocket the money, does anyone have faith that the money would be used to strengthen the squad? Just look at KM's track record of improving the squad, which is dismal at best, and ask the question regarding the useage of the transfer money.

The improvements have been needed for a long time but never addressed and I have concerns that if we do sell Nicky that the money might be redirected to some other purpose. I hope I'm wrong on all counts regarding the potential transfer money but given the inept decision making at AG over the last couple of years I have my concerns.

I think Nicky will be moved on by the end of this week and any other decision would be stupid because of his contract expiry at the end of the season.

My main question in this thread is, do you have the confidence in the current management to make the right decision on Nicky's transfer and allocate any monies generated to strengthen the squad to make us a more competitive?

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

If we get that sort of money for NM then we need a professional guy in charge of the team to spend it on the right aquisitions, not on yet more donkeys but sadly I think Millen The Villain will be there for a few more games yet before he's fired. Lets hope he's not allowed to spend any money in the meantime.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Stead,Pitman,Woolford,Taylor,Kilkenny and Bolasie are all his purchases,so he has flashed the cash but it don't seemed to have done us any good,so would you trust him to spend £6m,I wouldn't,he's better off sticking with loanees...

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If they do give KM the money, then that would suggest the board have faith in him to turn it around. Then if they get rid of him then the new manager will have no disposable money to get his own team.
    I think the board will keep the money and see how he gets on till they make a decision whether KM is going to stay for the long term.
    But in answer to your question no I don't have confidence in this management team!

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

If Maynard leaves I'll wish him the very best.

Do I trust Millen with £6million to spend - Never in a million years.

Very soon we're going to see what Sextone's made of.

City fans are going to be very disappointed.

6. WhatDoesWoyWant?

City would be properly screwed from what I've seen so far

7. invermeremike

And I thought I might be the only one to show concern as to what happens with any NM transfer money.

Thanks everyone for restoring my faith in humanity and it could very interesting over the next few weeks.

Here's what I think should happen:

1. Ask Millen to leave.
    2. Sell Maynard asap.
    3. Get new manager.
    4. Bring in new players who will show leadership.
    5. Dump the driftwood.

Unfortunately the time frame between now and the end of this transfer window will not allow us to fully complete the programme. So how about a new man in charge who can assess the current squad until the January transfer window and then use the transfer money as he sees fit to improve our competitiveness.

Please let something happen soon, rather than the status quo which our usual way (cop) out.

8. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

Ask millen to leave.....cant see it as it will be admitting the board got it wrong.
    Sell NM asap........yes please do. The whole saga is dragging the team down.
    Get a new manager......who would want it Mike? Does it come with a free labotomy?
    New players with leadership....YES PLEASE
    Dump the crape........who on? I am sure we would have to pay up loads of salaries as no one would want them off us.

Your right Mike,we have niether the time nor the balls to do any of your ideas. And as redprintt said,we will have to see what Sexton is made of. Is he Steve's puppet on a string?
    Watch this space

9. invermeremike

Our inabilty to get rid of the non-performers says a lot about our management doesn't it CCR. Over the years we have brought in so many below average players and I think it does reflect badly on our management's abilty to run a club effectively.

The tag of an unfashionable club is probably spot on, and is the main reason why we struggle to get a decent manager and players. If you were a player with ambition would you seriously consider a move to Ashton Gate?

We have this ongoing inability to get it right and that is solely down to poor management. City must be leaking cash at an alarming rate, which will not improve the situation, and radical action is required, not only to show the supporters that the management mean business but to attract new blood in to a lifeless club.

Will it happen? Probably not because we always take a totally alternative route to what will get us to where we need to be. How sad is that?

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

We've not only bought some stunningly average players but we've lost all of our momentum too. We've turned into an uninteresting and rudderless ship.

On a day when Ipswich are responding to their thrashing at the weekend by signing Jimmy Bullard, an other and Sonko, we get sweet f.a that's the difference. No-one who is any good wants to come here under this regime and who can blame them.

11. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

I think we should sell Maynard (which looks inevitable) and then draft someone in who is an expert on the various issues surrounding BCFC at the moment. He can then put things right and propel us to our rightful place in the Prem/Champions League etc. I'm not sure who to suggest but I think someone who uses the internet and football forums should be a shoe in for the job. Perhaps we should have a poll on here to get maybe 3 candidates and then take it to OTIB to see what they think, then inform Steve Lansdown of our decision, and then we can let the good times roll. Happy days.

12. bristolcityforever

the nicky maynard thing is boring now if u wanna go maynard then go, new kit maynard everywhere all together i think not mate. i dont think taylor or stead are much good , yannick not seen him much,millen needs to wake up lets see what sat brings

13. algenon

algenon Member

Life goes on dude.....

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member