1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Various (Artists)... | Football, Bristol City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Premiershiporbust...., Aug 25, 2011.

1. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Loads of comment on all sorts of different topics today, here's my 4p's worth...

Formation - you can play any formation you like 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 10-0-1, doesn't matter if the players don't want to play for you. Millie clearly reads these boards as he commented last week that he was aware that some supporters though he had lost the dressing room.

Disinterest - of course the players aren't going to say to the manager in training that I don't want to play for you boss but the evidence is there on the pitch for all to see.

Management - believe it or not, I do want KM to succeed. It really would be great and I genuinely mean that because I don't want to see anyone get the sack. That said, the manager of any football club has to be a leader of men who inspires his players to perform to the max for him, not much sign of that really is there...

"Deadwood" - I have to say that I have never jumped on this bandwagon and frankly, it is not going to inspire players to perform for a club when they know that a number of the supporters have given them this tag. How would you feel about it if you knew you colleagues thought that of you - it is BOUND to affect your perrfomance...

Nicky - is, I think being incredibly loyal to us yet he is getting stick. I would like him to sign a new deal with a "escape" clause for the right money but I don't blame him for one minute for not signing at the mo because as long as KM is in charge, we will continue to play this aimless, non football game and NM will be the one who will have to pull us out of the mire again AND IT REALLY SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS...!!!

I believe that Nicky is honouring a gentlemans agreement only to leave us for a Prem club when most players would have been scrambling to jump on the first decent opportunity to get away. Whether that changes in the next week remains to be seen (a colleague who is a Leicester fan is absolutely convinced that we are doing the cash plus Waghorn deal....)

Joined up football - we will continue to struggle until we start playing this. Do so, and the miriade of strikers we have will suddenly start to score again because we will be creating chances for them, we will rise up the table and everyone will be optimistic again. Continue playing this aimless **** and we are doomed...

Conclusion - we KNOW the team is capable of so MUCH better than the current level of performances (yes, it is) so, you have to ask what is going on. IMO, poor leaderrship skills has lead to disenchantment in the camp and the result is on the pitch for all to see...

A loss to Donny whose injury list is so long that they are fielding the tea lady, her auntie and the programme seller and a sub 10k crowd against Brighton who, on current form, will absolutely annihilate us will surely mean the end...

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Burning the midnight oil eh prem?

So much sense in what you posted and it makes me, and so many other supporters, mad that our leaders can't seem to achieve anything. I recently posted a similar thread on the NM transfer saga and I also think that there's a lot of truth in your statement on him as a person. It only takes a bit of common sense and ingenuity on the part of mangement to offer him a deal that would allow him flexibilty over a period of years to try and keep him at AG.

I'm really starting to think that we have no thinkers at the top level and I'm also afraid that they could mess the whole thing up. If we do sell him during the next few days it would leave us with little hope of using the money to benefit the club, and if we leave the deal until the Jan window what happens if he gets injured?

Do you really think there is anyone at AG right now that will take the bull by the horns and show us some positive action because I am starting to doubt it?

I have a question on your comment that a loss at Donny could be the end. Do you mean for KM or our hopes of staving off relegation. I think the time is now for both NM and KM to move on and let a new man manage our beloved BCFC. Any managerial candidates on the horizon (someone who actually knows how to run a club)?

Good night from the Canadian rockies - EH.

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Trouble is that at City, like most football clubs to be honest, those at the top holding the purse strings are not football people but are generally successful businessmen. I'm sure that in a lot of cases they are not even football supporters and have no idea of how the man in the street feels when the team is struggling badly, or what it's like in the current economic climate to pay a mortgage, put food on the table and still put aside 'spare' (ha!) money every other Saturday to watch the current crap we're dishing out. Whilst the players in the team whether they are dissaffected or not can earn vast sums of money in this league let alone in the Prem.

4. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

5. Angelicnumber16

Pirate - I know, but he's still not a football person and it shows.....

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

'Keith Millen's CV says "lower division central defender". As good as it gets.'

This is the last line of the article I have made my first..

http://www.bsad.org/gone/millen.html

7. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Angelic.....that's what I'm saying....he's not a football person but NEITHER is he a businessman....and
    neither is he a diplomat! :biggrin:

8. Angelicnumber16

Agreed, he's a cock !

9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

An inexperienced non football man, with no business nous, who is not very diplomatic!

Fantastic credentials for a chairman who does the transfer business at our club, no wonder all the potential targets are up or down the m4 with a drop of the hat.