1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Kuffour | Football, Bristol Rovers

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Would just like to mention how brilliant Jo Kuffour has been for us so far this season. Understandably he was very poor last season, especially with the greedy Will Hoskins up fron with him. However he has been a breathe of fresh air for us this season and long may it continue!!! What a pleasure it has been watching him, and the rest of this Rovers side so far this season. JK and Harrold have been brilliant together so far, and Mcgleish has done very well for his age!

I also have to admit that Bevan initally didnt look to be too great. I thought he was clumsy and didnt come off his line fast enough, or go for the high balls around his 6 yard line without dropping it. However, yesterday he had a fantastic game and pulled off some great saves and I can see why he was so highly thought of before he came here. So good on him!

The only one who I have a slight concern for at the moment is Zebroski who has flashes of class, but just seems to run the ball out of play all the time. Im sure he is just settling down still, but at the moment he doesnt look as brilliant as Torquay fans made out.

We have played 3 championship teams so far this season, and in all 3 we have more than held our own. We have also looked good against Northampton, and for parts of AFC Wimbledonas well. If we can keep it up, we will definately be in the top 3 in this division come the end of the season <ok>

UTG

2. Mangadoogas

Mangadoogas Member

Chris, i couldn't agree more with the above. It's nice to see Joe running at people and putting in a decent shift.

3. Rhinestone Gashead

Yep - my thoughts as well ... but I would like to add that Zeb is only a youngster and as with most people it will take a time to find his feet and show us his best. I too have been a bit dissapointed in some of his play but I will NEVER slate a player who gives us his all and keeps on trying (please note the boo boys!). Hopefully he will come good over the coming months and show us why PB bought him to the GAs!

4. Rhinestone Gashead

Oh yeah - sorry forgot to mention JK4 - what a pleasure it was to see some of his runs and tricks last night, as well as doing the nasty things like running and chasing down etc. My only "moan" would be about getting shots off outside the box - I can't remember (besides the goal) any other player having a pop from outside the box, especially from knock outs from set pieces - still I am a "well appy gashead" this morning.

5. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Yep he`s definately getting it together. Against AFC Wimbledon he was put clear twice and ****ed it up and I thought here we go again, but his confidence seems to be high now. Wouldn`t be suprised if he got 20 plus this season. Hope so anyway.

6. Chris-Gashead

Agree, I never boo a player who puts on the blue and white anyway. I didn&#8217;t boo Mark Wright, and at one point it seemed I was the only person left on the planet who didn&#8217;t always boo Jeff Hughes in his first season. I find it hard to comprehend why people feel the need to boo our own players anyway.

Think positive thread, positive thread!! <laugh> - Anyway, as I said, I believe Zeb needs time to settle in. He scored 15 goals last season so he must have something about him :)

7. Mangadoogas

Mangadoogas Member

C'mon Wize i can see you looking at this thread. I always look forward to your wize words.

8. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Has Kuffour been played in the wrong position for most of his time with The Gas? Running from deep he's an absolute revelation. Harrold works really well with him too, and does all the back to goal, holding the ball up stuff that Kuffour isn't so good at.

9. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

good luck against hereford, was matty h pulled off in the 64th minute last night to save his legs for saturday. by the way he can get a bit pissy if the carrots are fed the wrong end! sound as though he scored a great goal last night

10. atcham jack

apparently sir alex is looking for a cheap good goalie to replace the 19 million pounds spanish lemon. i should keep young scotty under wraps until 1/9/11 if i was paul buckle

11. Rhinestone Gashead

According to PB Matty H was pulled off last night because he had a "stiffness" in his groin!!!!! Now AJ, I don't know why you called him Donkey but I didn't see anything um ... um .... now how do I put this (?), looking, sticking, poking out of place!!! :emoticon-0111-blush

12. Rhinestone Gashead

Chris - I can honestly say I have NEVER booed a Bristol Rovers player in over 40 odd years of supporting them. I might have voiced my opinion of them, but boo .... just can't abide it! I even applaud the opposition when/should they play/score a good goal - why not, after all it is only a game!

13. atcham jack

rhinestone i believe it was the wobblers who christened matty a donkey, but he is certainly doing the business for the gas, long may it continue

14. Rhinestone Gashead

In my opinion a good honest hard working typical lower league English player - so far!! Yet to see the stroppy side of him ... only time will tell if we do get to see that part of his game!

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

so far i would say our weakest link is zebroski. he hasnt really impressed me yet but not every player will hit the ground running after joining a new club. he is a forward not a winger although he can play out wide. he dont seem to have enough pace out wide. would be far better if kuffour was out wide and zebs up front with haaaarrold. its strange that 37 year old mcgleish is left wing <yikes>

i am looking forward to see boatang play again and mclaggon. both impressed me in pre season.

16. Chris-Gashead

Absolutely mate <ok> i think forums are the place to air your views and get it off your chest, but doing it to the players isnt going to help their confidence and probably entice them to play poorly