1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs. Swansea City 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

It was not a red in a million years, was a standard yellow card, the ref is a ****ing moron to deem that as 'violent conduct'.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'll check it out on MOTD in a bit. Good to get another 3points today though, that's 6 wins in a row <ok>

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

it was a red, might've got a way with a yellow but he can't have many complaints about the red, he got turned and the guy was a way so he just scythed hm down

4. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

And how does that equate to 'violent conduct'? If that is 'violent conduct' we would see a red card in every game.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah well that's a yellow card then for a deliberate foul. It's only a straight red if it's violent conduct or reckless tackle.

6. Big Ern

You don't see many people doing 'tackles' like that, mainly because it's asking for a red. He wasn't going for the ball, couldn;t even pretend he was going for anything other than the players legs, he was at full stretch to scythe down the player who had turned him, the ball was 5-10 feet away, and purposefully booting someone is violent conduct, even "I didn't see it" Wenger didn't really have any complaint, calling it a 'dark yellow', which implies it was worse than a yellow, and there's only one card worse than yellow.

PGFWhite likes this.
  7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yes a 'dark yellow' professional tackle, taking one for the team etc. Yellow card by the rules. Ref ****ed it

8. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Checking it out on MOTD is not the same as how the referee saw it. When you see things in slow motion it sanitises what actually happened and the pace it happened at.

I was at the stadium today and my gut reaction was that it was a straight red.

It was cynical and it was dangerous because Barrow was in full flow. Straight Red.

9. Big Ern

ref called it perfectly, it wasn't a trip or a nudge, it was a terrible scything hack at someone runnig full speed.,
    just imagine how many kleenex you would've got through if Shawcross had done something like that to Ramsey.

p.s. If you want to see an horrific red card decision, watch the one Cresswell gets in the Palace West Ham game.

10. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Well, the red card has to be for one of 4 things:

1. A foul likely to cause serious injury. (Serious foul play, sometimes referred to as excessive force)
    2. A punch, kick or other action not related to normal play (Violent Conduct)
    3. Foul and abusive language.
    4. Denying a goal scoring opportunity.

I would have said that the foul was more:
    1. Deliberate foul to gain a tactical advantage.

Which is a yellow card offense.

There just isn't a category for; cynical and dangerous. Although I would question how it was dangerous. The only thing Barrow seemed in danger of was dramatic overacting rolling around on the ground, before leaping to his feet and sprinting for the ball the next time it came his way.

PINKIE likes this.

11. Big Ern

well as he had no intention of doing anything other than taking out another player that would count as both 1 & 2.

12. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

What Xhaka did was purely a professional foul of a non violent nature, it wasn't much worse that clipping someone behind the ankles IMO. Totally cynical but never a red. Luckily we have plenty of cover and even more fortunate we had - to quote Wenger "the mental strength" to see the game out! I thought Walcott should have easily had 2 or 3 free kicks in his favour and a couple of yellows for Swansea but heyho, swings and roundabouts.
    All the same, a nice win.. monkey off our back re Swansea.
    May the solid form continue please!!

PINKIE likes this.
  13. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I don't see how a trip can cause serious injury, nor do I see how the foul was violent.

Perhaps you should be sticking to your West Ham page and discussing your team's problems, rather than trolling here.

14. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

Do you guys think we should appeal the Red Card?

15. Big Ern

It wasn't a trip though, was it, he was miles from the ball, even your manager didn't complain, unsurprisingly the Arsenal cry babies do. If someone had done that to an arsenal player the resulting tears from you cry-babies would've flooded the Thames.

please log in to view this image

both feet off the ground, studs up, from behind. that is a flying lunge. Even Whiney Wenger isn't moaning about it

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  16. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

crying like you are you mean?

PINKIE likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Dry your eyes mate <ok> The only one crying here is you.

18. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

That challenge is called taking one for the team. Arsenal team in recent times would have let the player off and who knows...? I really could not care less he scythed him down in full flow and got a red card... We got the 3points, he misses 3 games. We have cover with Coq now back.

19. Big Ern

The ref gave him a red card, a decision with which I totally agree, why would I cry? It's you lot that have your knickers in a twist, even your manager can see there's no point in appealing.

20. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Studs up? Do you even look at the pictures you post?