1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs. Liverpool 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Aug 12, 2016.

1. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

All the laugh smileys in the world won't hide the fact you were wrong.

Will you admit it though and hold your hands up? Do you ever admit you're wrong?

Choice (1) - you admit you were wrong as 'any manager' is clearly not the same as 'many or huge number of managers'

Choice (2) - you persist in trying to argue you were right and you insist that 'any manager' is the same thing as 'many or huge number of managers'... Which would be a rather unintelligent statement.

Or will it be choice (3) where you just post a comment with some smileys?

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

So you won't admit you were wrong then no? Just another smiley like Piskie.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

So moving aside from petty arguing... If you genuinely think that then why are you so worried about us falling miles off in the league then???

4. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

I'm not though, you said it. Not my fault your argumentative and pedantic!

5. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Even though the only quote that could be found shows that I didn't say it? Ha, ok then liar.

6. Smirnoffpriest

No, that was one quote one person could be arsed to look for. Hardly qualifying as having scoured the whole posting history of the forum for your posts!

7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Do you stick by your recent comment that you think Wenger is the current best manager in the premier league?

8. Smirnoffpriest

When did I say that?

Or are you really going to try and lie about my posting in some sort of petty way, because you don't like that both I and Piskie remember you posting something?

9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

It's quite easy to say whatever I want and claim it's true.

You said it. We both know you said it I just can't be bothered trawling through your posts to prove it.

This is rather easy isn't it?

It baffles me that you can lie, not find anywhere where I've typed what you claim and then call me petty and pedantic.

I'm lying about your claim. You're lying too. At least I can admit it.

Bodinki likes this.
  10. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

As much as I want this tiring and excruciatingly boring exchange between you guys to be over, I genuinely cannot recall Cini ever saying that 'any manager' would suffice in replacing Wenger.

But you know what - even if he did say it, then so the hell what? It still doesn't warrant Piskie constantly banging on about it in every other post about Wenger getting replaced.

11. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

It's utterly embrassing, the people who supported Wenger in the last few years should be ****ing ashamed of themselves, they and the board backed this clown and in the end we missed out on quality managers like Klopp and Conte. What Wenger has done this summer is unforgivable, the man is a law onto himself, and nobody can do anything about it, if only the supporters who backed this idiot woke up sooner, we might have forced the boards hand.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  12. Smirnoffpriest

I agree it is tiring and excruciatingly boring. The comical thing is that everyone here seems to agree that we want Wenger replaced, so I'm not sure why there's such animosity all the time.

PINKIE likes this.
  13. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

What do you expect when PISKIE tries to make a point by fabricating something I'm supposed to have said. If you then also accuse me of posting something I haven't posted then I'm not going to let it go. You and PISKIE instigated this by lying and then get annoyed when it leads to this.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm not annoyed about anything. I'm simply trying to have a debate about Wenger and who will replace him <ok>

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Because I think we have a different view of what constitutes a quality manager with the ability to manage Arsenal. I disagree that there are a 'huge number' of managers who could have achieved what Wenger has, so I think our bar is set differently. In my opinion we will need to replace Wenger with proven top quality, otherwise there is a serious risk that we could go backwards. I don't expect you to agree with me, but that is my opinion on the situation.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Maybe, but weren't you advocating that we should have appointed Roberto Martinez at one point ?

17. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

The problem is most of the top managers that a lot of us wanted have recently joined other clubs.

Koeman is at Everton. Klopp is at Liverpool. Unai Emery has recently joined PSG. Guardiola is at City. Conte is at Chelsea. Ancelotti is at Bayern.

Don't get me wrong. There are other options out there...Simeone would be the jackpot choice, but would we be able to draw him to Arsenal? Not sure, personally. Joachim Lowe (but would he want to manage at club level?), Bilic I think has potential, but the jury is still out on him. Laurent Blanc is another possibility. Frank de Boer is also an option. As is Thomas Thuchel.

But not many of the managers in that paragraph are (in my view) as good as the ones we've recently missed out on. I mean, I think pretty much every manager on that list could do better than what Wenger has done in the last 12 years, but are the second list of managers the best we could have hoped for when all were available? We missed a few tricks methinks.

Smirnoffpriest likes this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Have to agree with that. Whether we could have got them is debatable, but yes Klopp, Guardiola or Ancelotti would have been brilliant choices. Personally I hope we go for Simeone, he has got a bit of a defensive style, so it would be a change from what we're used to. And personality wise he is a million miles from Wenger. It could be what we need though, a bit more fire in the belly.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  19. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

was I?? maybe you can dig up that quote along with Cini's. Martinez at one point was one to watch for sure, especially after his first season with Everton, turns out he has the same flaws as Wenger, but he is still very young for a manager and can improve, unlike the stubborn moron in charge of Arsenal.

And anyway what you said dows not change my point, by backing Wenger, we have missed out on some top quality managers.

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Well I framed it as a question. Personally I'm glad we didn't replace Wenger with Martinez. I don't think he has the quality we need. But yes I agree, we've missed out on some top quality managers.