1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Dubbed The New Wenger

Though I agree with the foundation of the players being strong, you do come across as a bit delusional. Wenger is being "hamstrung" by the board currently? Did I read that right or am I wrong?
    If, yes, how on earth is he being hamstrung?

He has a massive say on where the money goes. Who we spend it on. So far he has decided it not to spend on anyone. The guy's a liar. Let's face it. He may very well sign someone at the end. But why go through all this stress?
    I've always thought Wenger would be lethal with money at his disposal. Guess I was wrong. He's even worse.

2. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

:cheesy:

mcclane-diehard.jpg

" welcome to the party pal .!!!!"

3. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

I think Turks were watching this game laughing. They know we ate for the taking now. Mentally they have a huge advantage.

4. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

I have no worries about beating the Turks soundly .

and then the next game get mullered by Fulham .

Thats the rub , inconsistency .

5. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

You've read it wrong. My stance is that up until this transfer window there wasn't money to spend. Now i believe the financial restrictions do not apply that have previously.

And you've decided he is worse with money based on half of one transfer window?

6. Dubbed The New Wenger

He may or may not have had any money in the previous seasons. That's besides the point. We're looking at what he's done with the money he's proclaimed to have this season. And what has he done with it? Sweet FA.
    They did very well in shifting all the deadwood. Even the pursuit of Suarez gave us all some hope. Now that looks dead in the water. Can't forget about not even bothering to get Gustavo, even after his 'come and get me' plea. The transfer window is not over yet. I can't rule anything out. But based on previous history, and how terrible we've been this summer, things are not looking up.

Half of one transfer window? Ahaha You serious? 2 weeks left already.

7. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

that last sentence may well come back to bite your ass very soon .

<whistle>

8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

We'll have to wait and see :p

9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

You reap what you sow, Wenger thought he could risk it by not buying anyone and it's now biting him on the backside as we speak. Not based on the Villa game, that was just down to the team losing it. This is now down to the injuries that have happened and will now put much more pressure on him and Arsenal leading them to struggle.

10. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

This can turn around, we can win the CL qualifier and make good signings in the time that remains. But it's up to Wenger now. We'll see.

11. lazarus20000

Maybe he will maybe he won't. With a better approach to the transfer window woukd have put much less pressureon himself. Now Arsenal will hqve to pick themselves up and go back on track asap. All on wenger with this and he better pray that fenebache doesn't pull of something special otherwise the pressure will pile on furtherd.

12. Dubbed The New Wenger

Let's be real here. Wenger won't sign naff all. We've been here way too many times.

13. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

Yeah. Ideally it'd have been better fir earlier signings but now we have to maximize what we can

14. Gerrinho

Gerrinho Member

Ahhhh, really glad you girls have all kissed and made up, it's no good beating each other it's the big bad nasty man Arsene who did it all :(

15. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Actually I disagree, I think he will make signings but they won't be the big names we want, need and have been linked with all Summer.
    It could be like the Summer Cesc left, 8-2 loss to Utd and 10 players arrive inside a week...

16. lazarus20000

We will have to wait. Anyone special comng in? I'd be suprised. Panick buys? Very possible. Squeaky bum time for wenger but I guess that's the way he likes it.

17. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

I'm going to say it again, it's so sad we find ourselves in this position, all because of the incompetence and lack of urgency from Wenger and the board.

It was a summer of high hope, money in the bank, talk of big players coming, the core of the squad being kept, finally we could move forwards, but they just had to **** everything up and put us in this position now. We don't know what type of team will play on Wednesday, this is what it's come to because of the **** up of Wenger and his minions.

18. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

19. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

20. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member