1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Aug 15, 2013.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I'd imagine his main focus (considering it is his job and he is paid very well for it) is Arsenal, but there are obviouly a LOT of external factors that effect what happens at any individual club, just because he hasbrought these up doesn't mean he isn't focused on trying to improve Arsenal :)

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

His contract is up at the end of the season, so he might go then anyway. My personal feeling is that if he had the right people around him i.e. David Dein, then we could get the players he wanted and we'd be competing.

I still think he's one of the best coaches out there, but the excuses are wearing thin. I understand he has to 'toe the company line' and to be fair he's done a good job of defending the board over the last decade, but time is running out now. We were promised action and we've seen nothing, other than clearing out the deadwood. That was the right thing to do, but you also have to say that they created those problems in the first place, but more so than this getting rid of fringe players and not replacing them just puts more pressure on the players who are trying to turn this club around.

This is last chance saloon for Wenger and this board, they have two weeks to make a positive statement, otherwise I think this season could be their last.

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Yep, pretty much spot on.

AW takes a big chunk of the blame for the lack of depth in our squad but I can't help thinking IGs statement back in May/June where he told the world we can now compete with every club in the world and have £70m to spend did nothing other than transfer pressure from his shoulders to AWs.
    i get the impression he was fed up with taking flack at AGMs and shareholders meetings that he simply wanted to take take heat off him.
    Classy....

4. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Apparently this comment was worth bad rep and being called an imbecile by hans gruber aka kyle the emo. Muggy little ****.

5. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

And that ended up backfiring on us because some clubs will hold us for ransom. If RM didn't know how much we had I'm pretty sure the deal wouldn't have stalled. Same with Bender. Suarez I'm not so sure

6. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

You are an imbecile. Even Piskie and COYG, two of the biggest optimists out there realise that all is not well with the club, you seem to think that we're fine.

You're a Wenger fan, not an Arsenal fan.

7. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Your a dumb **** clearly incapable of reading. Where have i said everything is fine? I dont have to sit in the park reading poetry, while i cry and cut myself to evaluate a situation FAIRLY.

Not everything is rosey, if you weren't such an arrogant **** you would realise that peoples posts are there to be read - dont just assume because of the posters name what they are saying. I'm critical of the club in the areas i think need improving.

What i dont do like you (being the retard you are) is assume i am ITK about maters going on behidn the scenes and i choose not to automatically assume the worst possible scenario. Your idiocy knows no bounds.

8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

9. Han Shot First

Yet not the manager? And i thought all was rosy in happyland or wherever the **** you come from.

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

London <ok> Where the **** do you come from? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume somewhere really ****ty.

And no i'm currently not critical of Wenger as i think he has been hamstrung by the board and is very clearly trying to get the things done that we want done. I think considering the financial position of the club before this season and the position now, we are able to evaluate Wenger far more fairly over the next season.

I think you should use the logical part of your brain more than the EMOtional bit.

11. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

EMOtional ;)

He's a welshie - go get 'im!

12. Han Shot First

You mean the same board that frontloaded the Emirates deal, so Wenger would have the funds immediately? The same board who negotiated that excellent puma deal, giving Wenger large sums of money to play with?

I dislike the board, but it's all Wenger this time. They've done deals to suit him, yet he still makes no movement.

13. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I think the board have done well with there off-field business activities. Not critical of that at all, in fact very pleased with our financial performance. The new deals are fantastic and i'm pleased we have such a great stadium. That's clearly not my point.

Prior to this season money was simply not available for Wenger to spend. If you think it was, your more of a moron than i thought.

Like i said. Now the financial situation has changed. We are finally in a position to move forward and compete with the larger clubs. Top this off with getting rid of the deadwood and no key players departing and we have the strongest basis yet for the club to progress. This is why now is the time for Wenger to be judged - over the course of this season.

If you can't get your head round that then go dig a hole or shag a sheep - something your more knowledgable about ;)

14. Han Shot First

Well it must have been, because he spent it, just not very well.

15. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Really Wenger has been spending in recent seasons? Sorry but your living in your own little world. 9million net spend over 10 years is NOT a club spending.

Buying cheap players because we couldn't compete for the top ones due to financial restrictions is not the same as Wenger having money avalable to help us challenge for the title again.

Do you even think before you type? Or do all the tears cloud your mind?

16. Han Shot First

I forgot that we paid for the transfers by selling our best players.

17. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Then you should pay more attention to the club you supposedly support <ok>

Theres been loads of discussion about it on this very forum!

18. Han Shot First

Or i should drink less. Might help my memory recover.

19. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Your welsh though - nothing else worth doing with your life ;)

20. Wenger's Optician

Wenger's Optician Active Member

You're naive if you think other clubs only found out about our transfer budget after Gazidis spoke about it. These are football clubs we're talking about here, proper businesses. They would have known we have a lot to spend either way.