1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Tottenham Cross Board Match Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by SpursDisciple, Feb 24, 2012.

1. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I really think the Spurs mods should start thinking about closing this thread now.

2. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Well, just like the Bale dive looked like a penalty at first look and so I can't really fault Dean (I guess Bale is getting better at diving, all the practice he is getting), I thought Parker's challenge was a straight red when I saw it first time. At 5-2 down, in the middle of the park, that is a brutal challenge and he was very very late.

Absolute nailed on yellow card. If Dean gave it for a team playing against Arsenal you know he had no choice. It evened up the teams to 11v11 at least for the last few minutes.

3. Bergkamp a Dutch master

You have to laugh......possibly they were still hiding their faces with their hands as the goals were going in?

4. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

My comment was in response to PNP's confusion at you claiming that he said something that he didn't. "He(you) does that" I replied. This was met with something about tarring people with the same brush, which had nothing to do with anything. You'd already replied to the quote of mine so either you brought it up again because you thought it bore some relation on my comment(it didn't) or you were looking for an argument with me. Clear?

Since you're still unsure as to the meaning of what I said about 10 pages ago. I addressed both of your points individually. You said that Parker was sliding in, he didn't and I don't think anyone would dispute that if you watch the replay. Jayram said all manner of things of which I managed to use perhaps the only term he didn't use "lunge", "studs up" and "on the ankle" implied it though. I mentioned you both together because you both said things that the video disagreed with and I did too, as I said.

By the way, it's very obvious how worked up this has got you Ammaar.

5. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

Bale did'nt dive,the tv Proved that.Gibbs caught his trailing leg.that's a pen.

6. Bergkamp a Dutch master

Gibbs??? you really should visit the optician mate. Get a white stick NOW.

7. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

You said Gooners can take it when they lose games, I was pointing out the plentiful evidence on your own board that says otherwise. That hardly qualifies as tarring you all with the same brush.

You neglected to mention the massive in-fighting that took up several threads between PISKIE's supporters and Jayram's - not making stuff up, not trying to stoke things up, just pointing out the belief spread on our boards by various Gooners that these things never happened. No brushes involved, but maybe a PowerPoint presentation.

8. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

FAO Spurs mods.

Please remove this from our board. Its run its course. Just pointless now.

9. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

51 years since spurs have won the league. Better make that 5 2...

10. Bergkamp a Dutch master

'You neglected to mention the massive in-fighting that took up several threads between PISKIE's supporters and Jayram's'

what divisive rubbish.
    We agree with whoever makes the best sense. Sometimes one or the other, sometimes both are wide of the mark.
    On this board we have opinions, not those of sheep following the bad smell in front.

11. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

Oh, and btw Bale dived. I have it on my DVD's hard drive and watched frame by frame 100 per cent dive.

12. ToledoTrumpton

I have to agree with this - I enjoy the debate.
    When I see the board getting too positive, I take the negative view just to even things up. Have to say, I wish it was the case more recently.

13. totsfan

if you think Bale dived Emir you need a trip to specsavers,and your hard drive needs repairing

14. No Kane No Gain

Come on now, I haven't referenced what you said to HBIC once. I replied to PNP and you replied to me:

So you see I was never replying to anything you might have said to HBIC because you repeated it in reply to me. I hate to keep saying it but this highlights how you don't read posts properly.

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

We're not going to start all that bollocks again, are we? I've seen it counless times and I still can't be absolutely sure if there was contact, or not. Bale went down, which under the circumstances, in that position, many players would have done - including yours! It obviously looked a penalty to the Ref, and I've seen far more dubious ones given that that one.

-

16. Bergkamp a Dutch master

Bale was already diving headlong when the SLIGHTEST contact was made by Bale dragging his leg to make sure he hit Chesney.

ie.... professional cheat.

17. Bergkamp a Dutch master

I've seen countless diving cheats too - this another example.

18. ToledoTrumpton

After the Eduardo incident, I'm not going to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, when I see a diving cheat.

Eduardo got straight up and didn't even appeal for a penalty, unlike that cheating Spurs scumbag. Classless - just like Parker when he deliberately tried to injure Vermaelen at the end of the game. Then he goes over and sticks his hand in Vermaelen's face to rub it in. "You have to shake my hand or else you look like the bad guy! Maybe I can get you to do something stupid so you get a yellow too."

Sorry, I'm not going to be nice about it. Parker is a first class dirtbag as well.

19. totsfan

definite penalty,no question

20. No Kane No Gain

Me too.
    [video=youtube;Yh8mk7MfBd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8mk7MfBd8[/video]