1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal v. Swansea

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 8, 2016.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

This is the trouble with some fans on here....You expect miracles after just over a week in charge <doh> You dont expect much do you...<laugh> and now we get the bull sh3t of slagging him off after one game........Are you sure you know anything about the game at all if all you can do is slate the guy after one game and against Arsenal <doh>

2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I understand the criticism re team selection etc and I actually agree with most of it. I think the players may well have been a bit nonplussed by it too.

But Dai has a point. The guy's been here a couple of weeks and would be heavily reliant on others to advise him - Curtis in particular - until he gets to know the players. You are all giving Curtis a free pass here and I can't agree with that at all. The man's been here for donkeys years and should have known better.

It's possible that he ignored Curtis but judging by their interaction on the touchline today I seriously doubt that. This is the very time that Curtis should be earning his money. He either recommended that line up or signed off on it in my opinion. He shouldn't have.

Of course, it's always possible that Bradley did his own thing. But all managers should be given a chance - in fairness we always do that as a Club - and it's too soon after an away game against a consistent top 4 club to read too much into it. That's my view, anyway.

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Say Hello to Lord Bob Voldemort
    please log in to view this image

Training after today will take on a new meaning!!!.....................<laugh>

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

So Dai, was today an improvement compared to Guidos last game in charge, against a City side that's on another level to Arsenal?

5. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

We got rid of one bald useless ****er in January. Might be getting rid of this one next Jan too <whistle>

6. swanseaandproud

We might we might not....<ok>

7. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Valley - Liverpool was Guido's last game.

Personally, I'm waiting to compare our next home performance with the last 2 home matches. Arguably, we were better today than against Southampton in our previous away fixture. <cheers>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  8. swanseaandproud

Yes imo..

9. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Only when Baston came on. Until that point it was men against boys.

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You really saying today was an improvement on the City and Liverpool games? <laugh>

11. Kifflom!

Based on what I was watching I actually believe that the players were unsure of what their roles were, partly because of the fact some were well out of their usual positions. Yes, the same as Guidolin. This is why I see Curtis's hand in this.

On the other hand, as someone else said it may be that Bradley was overly influenced by Taylor & Fernandez's international caps. If that's right he should now realise his mistake.

Bradley may turn out to be awful. He may be the best Manager we've had in a while. But we have to give him a chance.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  12. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Troy Deeney will be looking at our defense and rubbing his hands in glee. We have to admit Arsenal were wasteful today, at times our defending was embarasing. I am hopeful though, but even a draw next week won't really be enough.

13. Kifflom!

Agreed, Kwame. I'd love to know who actually took the decision to bring Taylor and Fernandez back in. I suspect Curtis but we'll never know.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  14. swanseaandproud

We missed a few chances to win the game also but you have to realize that this is Bobs first game and i saw some improvement with putting more players getting chances and i saw some defence problems, But what were you expecting ffs instant solutions or what......Arsenal have not lost in 17 -18 games so its highly lightly we would turn them over in it <laugh> the way they penetrate defense's is one of the best in the premiership and they do that to most teams so to do that against us is expected, They missed some sitters and we missed some sitters but overall for Bob to come away losing by just one goal and the chances we had to nick it then Bob can hold his head up high........That's not a bad effort seeing as he has not had any time to establish or settle in yet......Give the guy credit for that at least.....We know there is plenty of work to be done and he will know it also but nobody can put forward his way of playing in a matter of days as it will take time......Give Bob a break until he has had a number of games under his belt and not assume because he lost his first game away from home against a team who has not lost in a number of games.....Let's.get it real and dont overreact......

London_Jack likes this.
  15. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

We better start praying that bob n curts can turn things around coz any more duff managers and we are ending our glory years with a whimper !
    Get the best out of the better players here and the too many limited quality players we have left. and get that teamwork and confidence we once had back then we will have a chance ! Plus some wise spending from the tight git yank promisers that own our rise or fall now !
    Stability is essential after all the **** thats gone on over the last few years behind the scenes and infront !

ValleyGraduate12 and 55282 like this.
  16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Makes me laugh when I hear people say "we have had a run of hard games,it gets easier now"

Well,unfortunately people,there are no easy games in the Premiership.

We are bottom but one for a reason.We are not good enough.

The defending yesterday was awful.

17. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

We will have a new captain in January Michael Bradley upload_2016-10-16_9-31-28.jpeg

18. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Arsenal are the form team at the moment, before yesterday their last 9 games were 7 wins and 2 draws. Chelsea went there and got mullered 3-0. It's far too easy to judge Bob, let's give him some time. Some players we're definitely off form yesterday for whatever reason. But there were encouraging signs and it will have done Baston the world of good to get off the mark.

swanseaandproud and Kifflom! like this.
  19. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

I`m not rushing to any conclusions yet, give the guy a break, it`s his first game. The set up was all wrong, which he should have figured out in training. He should have a pretty good idea of how Arsenal play and set up accordingly.

Our passing was atrocious, on second thoughts, our passing to Arsenal was pretty damn good. Let`s hope he has now realised his mistakes and puts them right for the next game. If we don`t win this one, as others have said, we are on our way down. Then take the :emoticon-0164-cash: and run as fast as you can.

Kifflom! likes this.
  20. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

**** my gran would be looking at our defence and think she could get goals against it.

In reality I believe that Bradley got his team selection totally wrong. If he had stuck with the back 4 that played against Liverpool I think we could have got something yesterday. Taylor and Fernandez should be nowhere near the starting line up. Taylor is only just about Championship level and Fernandez has just gone backwards. I cant understand how Bradley (who must have watched videos of the City and Liverpool games) could think it was a good idea to change it at the back. Now if it is on Curtis say so then Curtis needs to look at himself and accept he got it wrong.

As for Ki, should be nowhere near the squad, he is useless and just a liability at the moment.

Also to start a game without a striker was shameful, if as some have said Baston wasn't fit then why was he on the bench. Siggy must be sick to death of what is happening with him at the moment and he has every right to feel that way.

Can we actually now start to play players in there best position that would be a start.

ValleyGraduate12 and badwolf like this.