1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v City

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Mar 28, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

So after the international borefest it's now back to proper football that reduces you to tears of joy or despair depending on how things are going.
    After a disappointing month of March for the red half of North London Arsenal welcome a pathetoc defence but great attack to their place in the shape of city.

It is a rehearsal for the fa cup semi final and a key match in the race for the top 4.
    Spurs are away to Burley who are brilliant at home and Liverpool are missing Llanana and face Everton, while united have a major injury crisis with 6 players missing through injury or suspension so tholis is a great chance for both these clubs to make up ground so a win is vital for both.
    Poor Pep is having to make do with having only spent £170m in the transfer window so now the papers are filled with stories of him buying Rose and Walker...arrogant ****ers <grr>
    Pep was reduced to crying on national tv cos his players made him so proud when they drew with Liverpool... it was the "greatest" team performance of his managerial career so if they win at the Emerates he might just wop it out and water your pitch in his excitement...you have been warned.

Air traffic control around the emerates is expected to be busy on the day!

City will play
    **** keeper
    £140m worse than **** defence
    £190 decent midfield (if you dont count Stirling)
    £35m Striker

Arsenal will have 11 players on the pitch but it is anyone ones guess if the ****ers will actually be bothered to play or even run around a bit.

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Has to be a City win, can't see the Arsenal players turning up.

3. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

I love your match previews RCL! I'm sure what's left of the Arsenal board appreciate them as well!

BobbyD and remembercolinlee like this.
  4. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

Hmmm not so sure, you know when you think all hope is gone Arsenal will go on a championship run of form to get 4th (last year excepted)

remembercolinlee and PINKIE like this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Another defeat would be catastrophic for us. I'd take a draw right now to be honest.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  6. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

This game will show you where the players minds are right now. Whether or not Wenger has lost the dressing room. This is the first time i'm not sure what will happen. In the past we've bounced back but there is something different going on here. This game will be interesting for so many reasons, unfortunately not for the right reasons.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

In some ways, the attitude of the players is more important than the result. If they come out and fight, show passion and get at City, then there might still be time to salvage something from this season. If however it's a tepid and disjointed performance, then I think it will signal that the end is coming for Wenger.

8. lazarus20000

To be honest, i find it hard to understand why the players would under perform for Wenger, especially the English players. You'd expect them to come out and play their socks off for the full 90 minutes, anything less would show a great betrayal of Wenger.

PINKIE likes this.
  9. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez is a major doubt for Sunday's match against Manchester City. [Evening Standard]

10. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Seriously?
    This is not cheering up my neighbours you heartless bastard <grr>

11. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Can't remember a time I cared so little about an Arsenal game before. Which is a sad indictment of how things are at the moment. I don't care whether I get vilified for saying this or not - I'm so disillusioned with the club that I don't care how the rest of this season pans out. Until big changes are made, I'm not sure if this hollow feeling I have will disappear.

gooner4ever likes this.
  12. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Arsenal win followed by Wenger signing on again for another couple of years or a hiding by us northern monkeys
    What do you fancy?

13. lazarus20000

Seems to be a running theme with a lot of Arsenal fans. I remember the time when i was so excited to see an Wenger Arsenal side...it's been a while.

gooner4ever likes this.
  14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Personally, and I'm not saying that others should follow my lead, but my take is that this is exactly the sort of situation where we need to show more support for the team. It's very easy to support and cheer when things are going well, but it's when things are tough that our players need our support the most.

15. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Even Cazorla and Cech will still miss the match.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Nope.

Wenger is ruining Arsenal FC and the only way to get him out is to make it poisonous to the point where he can't remain in the job. 'Supporting' these players will achieve nothing. Firstly most of them don't deserve our support... the majority, lets remember, barely ever try or give a sh!t for the whole 90minutes despite being paid millions of pounds from the money our supporters put into the club. And secondly the amount of support from fans they get will make no difference because they're still managed by a completely inept numpty.

This situation is bigger than most of our players now. There are no 'ifs' about this situation...there hasn't been for years but at least most now actually accept it. We are in the sh!t and nothing will improve until Wenger goes. Our club is more important than anything. Wenger going is more important than anything.

If the only way to achieve they is by making it impossible for him to stay by making the ground toxic then it needs to happen and the players can lump it. If they looked like they actually gave a sh!t themselves then I'd feel sorry for them. But most of them don't. So I won't.

17. lazarus20000

The problem here is if you support the players then you support the regime, which will justify Wenger signing a new contract. This will then further decline the club as Wenger is no longer the man to take us forward.

Do you see the problem of giving support here? But I get booing the players is counter productive at times but Wenger out chants and banners are completely justified. The fans have the right to do this.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I understand the dynamic and agree that people have a right to protest. It does though create a toxic atmosphere which does nothing to help the players morale, that's an inescapable result of the negativity.

19. lazarus20000

I agree it does create a toxicology environment but this has occurred by Wenger dragging on his tenure. But the toxic environment can't be blamed on the team crumbling at key moments. The blame is on the manager and the players for bottling it.

Take the most recent comments by Iwobi, the guy has played 2 seconds for Arsenal and is one of many that is responsible for Wenger's worst ever season, yet he has the audacity to talk?!?! These guys are more worried about chatting sh1t rather than performing on the pitch. We once had great players putting on our shirt, now we have Twatter, Instagram jerk offs spewing garbage.

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not really, the toxic atmosphere is created by the fans, although I understand why it's happening. My point is, whilst it may be justified it's not helping the team.