1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal tickets

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by southerntiger, Feb 4, 2017.

1. DarbyDays

DarbyDays Active Member

It'll be full of football tourists with Arsenal scarves and tops. Loads at Chelsea, saw three being told to remove blue scarves before being allowed in. Surely they should be denied entry full stop.

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Write to the club and offer to cover the shortfall. out of your own pocket. <ok>

3. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

But we are massive and shouldn't be taking low allocations.

4. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

And the 2 2 - that should have been a 2 1 win as well unfortunately Dawson got injured and Junior came on for the last 6 minutes, he kept giving the ball away until finally they equalised

5. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Best City game - home, away or at Wembey that I have ever been to. I floated out of the stadium in an absolute overjoyed stupor.

I'd challenge that it's ****e there save for that game, the 2-2 a couple of years back was good as well.

greene likes this.
  6. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I THINK i watched that in Staks on Bev Road before it shut down. Wherever I was it was rammed full of City and it was an amazing pub atmosphere.

What a day!

7. Barchullona

Just reading a report on Borussia Dortmund v Leipzig game. Leipzig took 8,000 fans to our a game 30 miles further away than our game at Arsenal.

8. bum_chinned_crab

I know it's not a league game but Napoli are taking over 10,000 away to Real Madrid.

Not that unusual for European games I don't think.

9. Barchullona

A lot travel away in Germany, a fair few in Italy. Not so many in France and even less in Spain where Madrid and Barcelona only give each other about 300 tickets.

10. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

How much was the travel and match ticket price?

11. bum_chinned_crab

Sorry I meant as in European competition games, not domestic games in Europe.

Away fans in Italy is a bit of a weird one, as there are 3 clubs - Milan, Inter and to more extent Juve who have lots of fans all around the country who pack out 'home stands'. Think Man Utd and Liverpool fans like at City these past couple of weeks but for all grounds when they're away. So, for example, when Juve play away at big grounds such as in Rome there will regularly be 15,000 of them there but almost none will have travelled from Turin.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I bet some wished they hadn't bothered, the Leipzig fans got bricked on the way to the ground, including women and children.

13. Barchullona

They got beer thrown over them and spat on as well. Some coppers injured and pepper sprays used. No one bothered about that apparently as it happened outside but the German FA aren't happy about some of the banners as they were critical of Leipzig's ownership set up.

Still a good following, given the relative populations equivalent to over 5,000 city fans going 30 miles less to a game in London.

And to think, until just over 25 years ago a resident of Leipzig wouldn't have been allowed to travel to Dortmund. A reward for them as they were instrumental in the fall of the GDR.

14. Barchullona

Have always followed the fortunes of Fiorentina since we played them in the 1970s. Liked the kit although they wore a white kit for the game and not the violet ones. Love the contrast between the beautiful city, full of art treasures and wonderful architecture and their lunatic fans. It is the only city without a Juvrntus supporters club. Five times they opened one and five times they were burnt down. No half and half scarf wearing types there.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  15. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

When was the last time we took 8000 fans to an away match a bit past London, for a top of the table clash?

16. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

That's common in other leagues too, it happens in Scotland with Rangers and Celtic, Germany with Dortmund and Munchen and even Ireland with Shamrock Rovers

17. Barchullona

Are you saying there is a team a but past London we could meet for a top of the table clash if we're top of the League?

Do you think we would take 8,000? Would the 3,000 maximum allocation be ignored? Would the owners take up the full allocation if it was offered?

18. Barchullona

Shamrock Rovers.<laugh>

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Courtesy of Impy on CI...

Thanks for getting in touch, we took the allocation of 1,400, the next stage would have been 2,000.

It is worth noting that we are financially liable for any unsold tickets, for example Man Utd away in the league resulted in a £12k+ bill as a result.

We try and judge the demand based on previous seasons and monitoring social media, but it is very difficult to gauge especially when it is a midday kick-off for a game that fans can watch at home on SKY.

Regards,

Tom Rowell

Marketing, Communications and Ticketing Manager

20. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

so they probably do sell them via the secondary ticket market using companies like TicketBis which explains why so many tourists appear in our ranks