1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal on Saturday

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, Dec 20, 2012.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Right i`me not going to give a lawro prediction because i think i know what he`ll say. So just to say the Arsenal being a early kickoff is i think going to do us just fine as they are usually better for us for some reason but with Caldwell and Ramis still out lets hope our defence as at last got its act into gear or i`m afraid Hasbi is going to see another busy game.
    KEEP THE FAITH.

2. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

We're top of the PhysioRoom table for injuries - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

All four of our recognised centre halves are injured - though Ramis may be fit for selection tomorrow. Given how slow he was at the start of the season I suspect that it'll take him a few games to get back to fitness. A return against Arsenal probably not ideal.

So a back three of Boyce, Figueroa and Jones, with Stam and Beasusejour on the flanks. Gomez, Maloney and McArthur in midfield.

We're ****ed.

:D

3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

That wasn't the case on Saturday played quite well, Maloney should start every game seems when he plays we are a real threat going forward, although ****ing hell I thought Arsenal were cheating ****s diving all over the place and the Referee was ****e aswell

4. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Yup, I was REALLY happy with the performance - good old Latics, they'll never disappoint when it comes to surprises! I thoughht they played really well, I thought Jones was superb! Instead of playing a back three and two wing backs he played a back four - but told the right and left back to get forward whenever they could. And Jones just backed up the midfield whenever he could, ranging forward along that line from centre half to centre forward all game. McCarthy and McArthur excellent too. Beausejour had a poor game but anyone else think we have to be working on his fitness? But apart from the result, I couldn't fault it really. Even Gomez when he came on looked proper threatening and should have had a penatly from at least one of his shots.