1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal in for Vardy

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Wellernever, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Wellernever

Wellernever Well-Known Member

Being reported Arsenal have submitted a bid that meets with the release clause in Vardys contract.
    Will the new Mrs. V have a say regarding a move to London?
    Hope he stays as him moving could start a domino effect with Kante & Mahrez.

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Worried about this. Arsenal offer the same as us in terms of Champions League etc plus an extra 20k or so a week. Will he show some loyalty and enjoy being the big fish in a smaller or pond or will the bright lights and extra money with a Mrs that has no allegiance to City and who will want the bright lights be too strong a temptation? I think he could well go.

3. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Would like to think he'd show some loyalty, but sounds like it's up to him. Much prefer him to stay but if he (or his wife) opt for the filthy lucre, then so be it. Just hope that if he and Kante leave, potential new signings don't get cold feet seeing us as a selling club.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

5. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Got to say... surely this is absolute bollocks?

He signed a new contract earlier in the season, why would we offer one with such a small release clause in it?

20m is absoute peanuts for a striker of his quality.

But all that being said. You'd like to think he'd offer us a bit of loyalty considering we signed him from non-league and brought him up to be the player he is.

Like Ranieri has said, give us one more year of Champions League football.

6. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I've said this all along. If they all gave us 1 more season and we finished, say 10th, next season, then I would have no problem of the better players leaving.

One more season please lads ;)

7. Boris86

Boris86 Active Member

If theyre going to change the way the play to accommodate him, they may as well just use Walcott properly

8. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Smells like BS to me

Im pretty sure Vardy got a 20K payrise by us winning the league aswell. Having a £20M buyout clause sounds miles too low

Kante is rumoured to have the same and next week Mahrez will probably have the same aswell

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

To me, it will be unforgivable if any of them leave. Players jump ship to bigger clubs and give various excuses

To win the league - done
    To play in the champions league - done

Ours can't use this as a reason to leave so if they do it comes down to money or possible in Vardy's case being under the thumb from his wife who has already caused his family to disown him. I'm getting concerned that Vardy is going to ruin himself with a big time attitude.

If any of them leave this summer of all summers I genuinely couldn't wish them well in their careers. Vardy wouldn't fit in at Arsenal and would most likely be on the bench or the injury table and I wouldn't be sad to see that if he leaves tbh

10. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

It would take JV a year to a just to a new system, as it has here when we have progressed! IMO he has to decide if he wants regular football in a team that plays to his strengths, or go to a glamour club and be a also ran, at his age i think if he decides to move it could be a bridge to far

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

..no player is bigger than the club... time to see what type of man he is ...

12. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think it's more the prospect of a domino effect that is the concern. Any player is replacable but your three stars is a big task. I'm sure Walsh and co will see us through. That Wrigglesworth snake needs a few minutes in a room alone with Wasle, Huth and Morgan though...

13. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

My son who was 10 at the time asked the question who'd I rather have Vardy or Sanchez.
    He came up with the conclusion that Vardy was best for Leicester and Sanchez was best for Arsenal. if you swapped teams both would not be as good.

14. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Why would he sign for the perennial losers that are Arsenal FC?

15. nzfoxfan

Seems to be his scummy agent who is looking for a payday that is touting his services and not Vardy himself who has allegedly said he is happy.

16. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

He owes you one more season, for what you have done for his career.

I hope (and think) he will stay <ok>

17. Fettis the striker

Fettis the striker Well-Known Member

The problem with that theory is this could be his only chance to sign for one of the big boys , must admit shocked wouldn't of thought he falls into the wenger category ,

18. nzfoxfan

Premier league champions. Aren't we one of the big boys?

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  19. Deleted #

Definitely. You've earned that right.

Unfortunately, big players from abroad would still choose the Manchester and big London clubs, before you. I think you would need to finish in the top 4 for the next couple of seasons, before are you able to compete on a near level playing field with these teams, for signings.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  20. Deleted #

If the release fee is to be believed, then your board have dropped a clanger and you should rightly be asking questions of them.

The release fee is never set at the players value, it is always way over and above to keep other clubs away, but also at the point where if any offer of the release fee, ever did come in, then it would be silly to turn it away anyway. Vardys release fee, should have been at least 35m.