1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AFTV

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Oct 1, 2016.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

i see, must say robbie and arsenal fan tv would have gone down in peoples estimations. If you didn't think he was there money making now then you are more inclined to think he is now

2. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I watched the video yesterday, You could see the Liverpool fan was pissed off.

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I don't think most people would have a problem with Arsenal Fan TV making money. Robbie is a better presenter than most of the so called professionals on the BBC or Sky, so he has earned the right to make a career out of it imo.

The problem is in doing business with the Sun, who many football fans, not just Pool supporters, will have nothing to do with because of their disgraceful coverage of Hillsborough. That and the fact the whole rag is full of lies anyway. But they're not alone in that.

Like @Spurlock says though, Robbie did the right thing apologising. **** the Sun.

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I don't think anyone has problems with arsenal fan tv making money.

One thing is though Robbie has always been on the this is a tv show for fans to air the views not to make money. Getting into bed with the Sun kind of invalidates that. They do advertising for ladbrokes.

SpursDisciple likes this.
  5. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's probably his full time job. Is he not allowed to make money off it?

Edit; I should probably have scrolled down :)

BobbyD likes this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yup.

This whole thing with football and the Sun.....

FFS.
    People just need to grow up.

7. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's both. It's his job.

8. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's a brave thing to say. A lot of people's lives have been affected by the Sun.

However, a lot of people present a lot of faux outrage over things like this. It's a shame.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its a ****ty rag, and I wouldn't read it if I was paid to......but seriously.....
    If you dont want to read it then fine, but threatening people with physical violence when they are trying to make a living through media, if they are offered money by the Sun?
    Grow the **** up.....it's pathetic.

BobbyD, AKCJ and Hoddle is a god like this.
  10. I'm with Bodi on this.

I don't read The Sun, either, but it isn't for anything they did/said/didn't say or do over the Hillsborough incident, it's because I have always looked down on the rag with contempt for the way it has invaded the lives of ordinary people, peddled in smut, sleaze and out and out lies.

Then again, I don't read any of the newspapers, as I refuse to become embroiled in their propaganda.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Just pisses me off.
    Why should someone sacrifice what could be the opportunity of their lifetime, career wise, just to indulge the whims and selfish ****y desires of a few petty ****wits?
    These people have families too ya know, they just want to earn a living, they are supposed to give up potential career advancement to satisfy those pricks.....
    And they receive death threats to boot?

Scum of the ****ing earth.

12. The Ginger Marks

Surely you must have some empathy for the lying bit. <ok>

13. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Spot on.

I would never really bother with the Sun. Certainly wouldn't buy it.

That's not down to anything they've done before I was born, it's more because they're a bit of a sleazy company with morals lower than my own.

People trying to ban it from every club in England are embarrassing, bandwagon jumping, "look how good I am" ****ers that invade social media.

You're well within your rights to ignore it.

In saying that I do sympathise with Liverpool. The City and the Football Club. What they printed about Hillsborough was nothing short of an atrocity.

14. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When you're a young freelance journalist, you take what you're given.

15. No more than you would have for the "smut and sleaze" bit, Skids.

16. Any decent Human Being would, though.

But the way in which The Sun reported on Hillsborough was merely just one example of how that rag operated. People should condemn The Sun not for anything it did or didn't do in respect of the Hillsborough tragedy, but for the way it has always conducted itself, both before and after Hillsborough.

Let's say Hillsborough had never happened - would that make it okay to buy (and therefore support) The Sun?

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Exactly.
    They want....nay expect, novice journalists and media neophytes to turn their back on money and career opportunities from one of the biggest selling newspapers in the country, because THEY have beef with an article published by them 30 ****ing years ago?

Total ****ing self importance.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

In my eyes no, because its full of celebrity gossip and horse ****.
    And they have the morals of an alley cat.

BUT my opinion of the Sun, doesn't give ME the right to tell other people what they can and can't do with their careers, or threaten them with violence if they don't fall in line with my way of thinking.

19. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I personally stopped buying the Sun (or any Murdoch paper) after the Wapping dispute, when they engineered a dispute then sacked their entire printing staff for going on strike.

I do begrudgingly admire scousers for the fact that their City is a Sun free zone though - it shows what people power can achieve.

Libby and Hoddle is a god like this.
  20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed. If you personally disagree with the principles of the Sun, and want to take a stand, and refuse to buy it, then fair enough, it's your perogative.
    It's the part where pressure, both financial and physical, is being exerted on others who don't take the same stance, that I take offence too.

Archers Road likes this.