1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal don't appear to be laughing at us anymore!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Piskie how many negative reps have you had from spurs fans in the last 2 days?

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Getting back to the laughable OP and whether Arsenal are laughing at Spurs anymore, I have to draw your attention to the following evidence

If you will Ladies and Gentlemen: Exhibit A

[video=youtube;xOnBc30qbq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xOnBc30qbq4[/video]

<cheers>

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

whats a negative rep?
    and is it curable with a cream or do you have to take tablets?

4. gaf 71

gaf 71 Well-Known Member

How much do you reckon you paid Adebayor for his massive goal tally this season? And how much are you going to have to pay Bale to stay next season? Got to be at least £150k per week. That's gonna hurt.

5. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Do you know, for a moment there I thought I heard a Liverpool fan lecturing us about value. Nah! Must have imagined it...

6. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

Well whilst it might not be too much of a struggle to make a case for Arsenal finishing in the top four it was, as it turned out, a bit of a struggle, wasn't it? Needed Championship-winning form at the end, were one game and one goal away from not finishing fourth and the players were getting the champagne out when you finally did. Finish fourth. So obviously they weren't too relaxed about it.

gooners 4th.jpg

So nothing too unreasonable from HIAG there then.

7. Batmoanu

Batmoanu Member

My god you Spuds are shameless.

8. lennypops

150k? You could pay Joe Cole AND Stewart Downing for that! What are we thinking? Please provide us with some assistance on how to spend money wisely. Transfer fees or wages (still spending loads more than us on wages? how's that working out for you?) - doesn't matter. We could do with all the advice from Liverpool we can get!

Which striker should we sign for 20+m this summer? Nah - I reckon leave it til January and see which donkey has scored a few then break some transfer-fee records to get them.

9. lennypops

I would compare with Arsenal posters but I've never been on your board, so can't.

10. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Blimey, another mouser! Wrong thread mate. This is the Goon wind-up thread.

11. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

After the millions you had to pay Cole just to leave <doh> seriously, you just look stupid.

12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

There's a reason for that!....

13. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Aren't you lot the ones making the claim that our salaries are a lot larger than yours?

14. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

nooooo , as long as spurs are the team chasing us , we will ALWAYS make it.

Even when you are 7 , 10 , 12 points ahead , you will never let us down .

Thanks .<smooch>

15. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Less than City have paid for him to spend 2 seasons with us scoring 26 goals. Overpaid players really isn't a subject Liverpool fans should be chiming in on though, is it?

By comparison, if Downing was earning minimum wage at Liverpool then Bale would be worth £150k a week so I'd say we're getting good value paying the best player in the league* for a lot less than the highest earners in the league are getting.

*as voted by his peers, journalists and pretty much everyone except John Aldridge

16. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

Sigh...

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_file...1348755692_ARSENAL_HOLDINGS_PLC_year_end_.pdf

"Operating profit has been impacted by higher overall staff costs of £143.4
    million (2011 - £124.4 million). In the main, this reflects a further step up in our investment in the
    player wage bill but there has also been an increase in the wage costs of our football training and
    support staff together with the need for an increased provision against our share of the liabilities in
    the Football League Pension Scheme. "

So Arsenal's published wage bill does include their non-playing staff, but by the club's own admission any fluctuations in it are largely down to player salaries.

--------------------------------------

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/docs/annual_report_2012a.pdf

"Staff costs - £90,206,000

5. Staff numbers and costs
    The average number of employees of the Group during the year, including Executive Directors, was as follows:

Players and football administration staff 171
    Administration staff 111
    Retail and distribution staff 59"

I.e. Spurs also include our non-playing staff within our published wage bill figures, multi-millionaire tea-ladies and all. It also includes redundencies and renumeration of club directors, things which aren't mentioned as part of Arsenal's figures.

Out of interest both Arsenal and Spurs' wage bills account for approximately 60% of total revenue. While Arsenal may pay significantly more in wages, this is justified by their greater turnover. However any claim that Spurs spend more on players is absolute nonsense, we do not spend net £50m more on transfers than Arsenal every season, which is how much greater Arsenal's wage bill is than ours. We spend more as a proportion of revenue, yes, but not in absolute terms.

17. WY, there is absolutely no point in trying to argue with a Gooner about the wage-comparison between our respective clubs. All Gooners seem to live in a land of make-believe, where their club really doesn't pay huge sums every week, over and above our club, to bride their players to keep playing for them. They have to lessen the gap between our respective wage bills, because it is the only way they can live with the fact that, for several seasons, their club has regressed and we have progressed. I mean, did you see the way that Whinger celebrated the win against Toon? It was pure and utter embarrassment!

Once upon a time, AFC dreamed about winning titles and trophies, but now Le Prof creams his shreddies for finishing a point ahead of us! Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

But you try telling that to a Gooner. They are, in so many ways, more deluded than the red Mouser.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

When footballers play regular champions league football, then they attract higher wages.

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys, as spurs are well aware of :tongue:

19. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Since 2003 Spurs have spent on average 11.5M more a season net than Arsenal.

Given that we operate a Ladies team, and a significantly greater number of non-football related programs the gap in spending of 100M - 143M is not that great. When it comes down to actual playing staff, I doubt if the gap is more than 10M.

20. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

You Goons know far more about overpaying for ****e players than we'll ever know. I'm sure Whinger will give you another demonstration this summer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.