1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal 1-0 Stoke City

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband, Feb 20, 2011.

1. northernstoke

northernstoke Member

15 minutes of Fuller magic coming up

2. Fill the corners in its Freezing

have you seen how arsenal are now not throwing players forward

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Jonny off, Fuller on. Eh? Who's going to the left? Rory?

4. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

From the BBC site

"You have to pay respect to Dean Whitehead, he has been immense."

Deano is such a hero, what a consistently good player he has been for us.

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

6. northernstoke

northernstoke Member

Sh*t thought we were going to get something from that. Summary diabolical first half, sat back gave possession away-rubbish. Good second half. Maybe TP will see that we can complete away and take a more positive approach. He must see what the rest of us do, that they have the ability going forward to worry sides. TP I'd say grow a set man

7. Fill the corners in its Freezing

Well, we still have not conceded 3 goals in any game in the prem this year(check the facts we are the only team in the top 5 divisions ), but after watching that game , TP was TP, arsenal created nothing, we created less.

8. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

A positive from this game - first season we lost there 4-0 last season lost 2-0 this season 1-0 the gaps closing and we had them rattled !
    Mighty Potters Marching on !

9. northernstoke

northernstoke Member

606 is a laugh tonight. Apparently we were once again a disgrace, should have had at least 4 sent off and caused Walcott's injury. Rugby team blah blah blah. Watched the whole game-think they must all wear Wengers bi focals.
    Sorry I said live and let live and I like watching Arsenal but the majority of fans on that board from Arsenal are pathetic. whinging clowns

10. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Talking to BBC, Wenger described the challenge as "accidental". Also described the game as "fair" with no bad tackles or malice.

11. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

I can see where he's coming from. If his team make a challenge, it usually is just by accident! ;)

12. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

From a decent Arsenal fan on 606:

Arsenal fan in peace

Well played tonight you really made us work extremely hard for that victory. When we play stoke I always feel this will be a game that tests our character. Good luck for the rest of the season. You’ve got a good squad and a good manager and I think you should be proud of your team.

13. Joe3White

Joe3White Member

Haven`t been posting since we lost in the 3rd minute of injury time againstBrum.I was so shocked at the hatred of some Stoke fans to Tony Pulis that I`ve felt a bit disheartened since! You only have to see how much we`ve moved on since he`s been here to see how we destroyed Brighton,2 or 3 years ago we`d have been struggling against a team like that! Anyway it sounds as though the lads really played well tonight,and as you say Sgt.,Dean whitehead is a hero, and Carew is a real bonus for our team, as is Pennant,and I think the Wilson /Pugh as fullbacks isn`t a bad move either.Let`s hope we can keep our domination of W.Brom going,as I for one don`t think it`s going to be easy,especially as Hodgson is now in charge !:smiley:

14. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

Hodgson was in charge when we gave Liverpool a footballing lesson at "The Brit"

15. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Hodgson hasn't got the best record against Stoke in the prem has he? 5 games, won 1, lost 3 and drew 1 by my count. So a guy with a crap record against Stoke joins a club with a crap record against Stoke!! Mind you I am still very nervous about this game, we really need to win the game, a 6 pointer for sure. Hate Monday night games as well.

16. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Wenger on the game

"Stoke defended well and were very well organised, disciplined, they made it very hard for us and we lacked a little bit of sharpness."

"I couldn't believe we scored with a header against Stoke."

"We continue our remarkable run despite the quality of Stoke."

17. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

Ah, don't do that Arsene! If I start to like you, who will I give out about?! :p

18. John Smith

John Smith Active Member

<doh> I would like to apologise, but I have less time for them than you do <ok>

19. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

One things for sure, that Arsenal loving Mirror journalist John Cross will be crying into his pillow tonight after reading Wenger's comments, he'll feel betrayed.

20. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

Ha he is actually an arsenal fan. By the way has it been your birthday recently sgtpotters? Could have sworn it said 21 yesterday