1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Armstrong and Gyan

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Adam Armstrong has joined Barnsley on loan, so that one is dead in water, Gyan now not joining reading and considering other offers from championship clubs, could we be in for him?

2. Spanish

Personally I would love us to use all the Murphy money for Bradley dack but can't see it happening sadly. If we signed dack and got Gyan on loan............ I would cream my pants

3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

The fact that Gyan turned reading down because of personal terms leads me to believe his wages are too high. If that is the case, there is not a hope in hell we'll sign him. Shame, as that would've stamped our intent on really pushing for the play offs. Dack, as much as I'd love it, is also unlikely with the amount of midfielders we now have, even though he would be a big improvement on what we have

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Gyan doesn't remotely interest me. He's on close to £250,000 p/w - we'd only be able to offer 10% maximum! Absolutely absurd, all the ability in the world but at 26/27 decided to trade in a good wage at Sunderland / Premier League footy to play in a league which for him is totally micky mouse. Players like this have absolutely no desire in life and Mick / no Mick I wouldn't ever want such a mercenary at Portman Road.

You won't be creaming your load on Gyan Spanish as it doesn't make any sort of financial sense!

5. Spanish

Didn't realise he was on that insane amount TBH. Thought maybe about 40k, no way is he worth that much.
    Would love dack but it ain't gonna happen.

6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Fair play to him for having a smart agents. Clubs need balls! People are forever blaming agents " they're ruining the game " - NO. Morons at clubs bending over backwards are.