1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are you better off without him?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Joelinton's Right Foot, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Newcastle fan in peace....

If he really doesnt want to play for the club, do you think you'd be better off without him or should you force him to stay? It seems that players contracts mean nothing these days except when it comes to getting paid the wages the contract says.

http://itsnotlifeordeath.blogspot.com/2011/01/torres-clash-should-he-stay-or-should.html

Its a shame this has happened cos I think a Torres-Suarez partnership would have been amazing to see (except when you were playing us).

In MILK we trust likes this.
  2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

We could always replace him with Carroll! only kidding.... If he wants to go I think the summer would be best, as I said in another post, leaving us hanging like this so late in the window would just be slap in the face I feel. I know broken promises, but you spend four years at Liverpool are idolized, and to go out like this..... I just hope he is smarter than that.

It also leaves NESV in a real tight spot as they have hardly any time to find a replacement.

3. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I'd say we're better off without him if it means bringing in a top quality striker and a couple of decent wingers, a left back and whatever else we need. But we're unlikely to find all that in 2 days, so I'd like us to keep him until the summer at the earliest.

4. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

agree. Can't be held Ransom but what a pickle this is!

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

No matter what these players say publicly, most of the idolising is one way. We found that out when we were relegated. Money talks!

6. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Oh I know, Alonso was and still is one of if not my favorite player and it gutted me that he left and the way Benitez treated him and thinking Barry was better made it even worse. I know everyone is replaceable but look at how long we are still looking for Alonso's replacement, still looking for Maschers and soon ( so it seems ) Torres. We need to keep these players and add to it.

Again the money is there to rebuild if it happens but it is not the best spot to be in.

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

No agreed. Just hope that if you do keep him he performs for you (again, except against us). As I said on my blog, he doesnt seem to be the best at dealing with distractions. He's world class but he can be crap when he's not on his game. As much as you might not have time to spend the money, if he isn't going to deliver better off having his wages and his transfer fee in the bank earning a bit of interest (or reducing debts) to spend in the summer.

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I thought we were through with this debt stuff? either way.... what you are suggesting is selling Torres regardless of the time span so we have Kuyt, Ngog, and Jova as our current forwards until the Suarez deal goes through which we don't know will since there is theory that it is linked with the Torres deal.

I would love to see Torres-Suarez.... how can you sulk when that could be your strike partner for a few extra months?

9. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

ok. fair point. I guess it depends how concrete the Suarez deal is. I was assuming it was signed and sealed.

I hope you get it sorted tho. Like any fan of a club, it was great seeing us above you in the table while it lasted, but there's something not right about seeing Liverpool struggle. looks like you're heading back where u belong under Kenny tho.

10. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

You'd wonder why Chelsea buckle at 25m or so for david luiz, but are willing (so it would seem) to almost double that to get Torres in. Maybe they're just making token bids to keep the fans happy? I read a comment from one of their fans that Abramovich must be serious if he's made bids totalling over 100m (Torres, Luiz, Aguero, Godin), but it's obvious if he lands Torres, he won't be after Aguero, and the same with Luiz/Godin.

What's clear though is Chelsea want a central defender and a striker, since they haven't replaced Carvalho yet and the average age of their front two is about 47. Maybe we should offer them jovanovic and kyrgiakos? See what they make of that.

11. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

The fee is agreed, and personal terms are meant to be agreed but he actually has not signed yet, very worrying for me as a lot of the gossip places ( Sky, Eurosport, ESPN, BBC) claim that Suarez wants to partner Torres and they are somehow linked.

I hope not, and for your thoughts my dad loves Newcastle for Keegan and it kind of steered me toward Liverpool looking him up, hence how I originally got hooked on Liverpool. Also two goal tino was immense back in his day, put in some ginola and you had some serious flair about that side. Not good to see people saying Newcastle are doing well when you should be up with the top 6 is it now ( throwing City and Tottenham in and us, even though we are not doing too well but getting better).

12. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

What Chelsea need is a team. They can buy who they like, but just like at man city, 11 world class individuals are no match for a team made up of 11 decent players who know how to play together. Obviously it can buy success, but I think we're starting to see that money alone is never gonna replace long term building and players playing for a team instead of a pay packet.

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

What if Chelsea offered us 40 mil and Benny..... taking the mick! Jova turned down Wolfsburg for some reason and who knows, maybe Chelsea is his dream move! Here's a question, we know Suso is an awesome up and coming talent.... if Suarez plays in the hole, will that block his development? I know there is a lot of time and Suarez will probably play on the wing, but this kid Suso is going to be something special.

I know change of subject but this talk will just keep me up for no reason!

14. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I've only seen clips of suso on youtube, but he and sterling look good prospects. I think he can play anywhere in and around the front/midfield area, so he'd just slot in where there's a space when he's ready for the first team (hoping he's still with us when he is).

Chelsea have money, but they don't have youth. Although saying that, I think they won the FA youth cup last year. They've loaned Kakuta out, and I'd have thought he'd be in the first team going by the hype when they signed him. And Sturridge is a bit part player. This McEachran seems to be talked about alot too. But at Liverpool we have Kelly, Pacheco and Shelvey in and around the first team, with others looking good in the reserves.

You'd think sooner or later Chelsea won't be able to just fill a hole with a wad of money, especially with this fair play rule coming in. When clubs (chelsea/city) get investment, they tend to use it on big names for their first 11, and not think about the youngsters coming through. A lot of work has been done at the LFC Academy and Kenny has been getting involved, which might explain the lack of spending until now. People won't see the results for a few years, but I'm glad the foundations are being sorted rather than spending loads now and paying the price further down the road.

15. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I'm glad some clubs still have a youth policy (to be fair ours isnt too bad either). If everyone went down the route of just buying in the 11 biggest names we wouldnt need to worry about not performing in world cup finals - we wouldn't be there!

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Rodolfo Borrel (spelling) will be one of the most important and best purchases LFC have made in a long time. He will really get our youth purring and like you said years down the road but it will pay off. He is good friends with Kenny and they know how imporant thing will be. Ayala, Suso, Pacheco, Shelvey, Coady, Wisdom, Robinson, Wilson , Kelly are just some names to watch for in coming years with Sterling maybe a little bit farther down the line.

17. James_8

James_8 Member

If it doesn't go through I hope we don't play him, take the number 9 off him and give it to Suarez.

18. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

If we dont get Suarez as a result of this i will go mental. He realy has dropped us in it. Come on NESV get some players in!