1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are we ready?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Poolie Mackem Paul, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mackem911

mackem911 Member

The fight for sixth will not be easy.If we do qualify, we will give a good account of ouselves.We are Sunderland it is futile to resist.

2. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Look at the league table. I dont think any below the barcodes are going to be fighting for a European spot. That makes it a 4 horse-race for possibly 2 spots! Poolies right - the clubs going for it and the fans need to keep up with them!! KTF

3. mmickey1

mmickey1 Member

My thoughts are the same as they have always been. We are not ready by a long way.

We don't have enough quality on the bench yet and no true impact subs.

Next season would have been better but if we make it this time it will be good experiennce for what's to come.

4. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

I think we all need some sort of a reality check - we aren`t ready for Europe but in all the time I have been a supporter (40 yrs) we never have been. Never been a better chance of qualifying - if we do then lets give it all we`ve got - enjoy the trip, use the fact of the Euro stuff to attract better players, maintain the challenge in the league (chances improved by the better signings) and aim to be there for 2 yrs on the bounce when we will have to be ready - but please please please lets not do a Leeds and bet the house, the kids houses and their kids houses on it.

5. jerseymackem

jerseymackem Active Member

I think we should take each game as it comes, and try to win as many as possible. If we do get into Europe this season, I think it would be bad for the club, as our premiership season will go to pot. Another year or two maybe, but I'm happy to wait if it can bring more success.