1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

are we happy or did we expect more ?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Leicester lad..ey up me duck, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

are we happy with the signings or do you think we needed more or expected more ?

I'm thinking Sven is a shrewd manager............just look at Bamba, you don't need to be a famous player or expensive to make an impact..............just look @ Neilson:shocked:

2. Sven Makes Me Smile

I think another one will come through yet. Ive got mixed emotions, because i like a settled squad, but i thought we were going to get another big name, but we didnt really. And we need a midfielder, but then again if adam ends up.at spurs, we could get kranjcar on loan?

3. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Well, firstly, on the face of it, bringing in Van Aanholt, Yakubu, Bamba, Ricardo and Bruma, is very good business, especially as we haven't lost anyone important.

I'm not a big fan of too many loans, but with the Window closed we shouldn't have a Davies situation where their hearts aren't in it.

My only disappointment really is that we haven't strengthened where we needed it most, in midfield (though only for backup)

I hope Sven has finished bringing in first team players now, I don't want him to turn around and say that what we've brought in isn't good enough and we need yet another goalkeeper/centre back.

4. Sven Makes Me Smile

Did we sign bruma though? I dont think we did in time, maybe next week now

5. CorbyFox'62

CorbyFox'62 Member

Think we've got a good solid base to push for a playoff place - no real complaints here.

6. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Bruma i can't seem to verify if its a done deal or we missed out?

Emilio, pretty much agree with all of that...........Sven sure loves his pace and it can make for good attacking football , starting form the defense.......beats the longball tactic.

7. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

I think its time to ask the Derby fans if they are content with their dealings lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8. Sven Makes Me Smile

There isnt many teams that can look at our squad on saturdays and think well these ahould be easy to handle. Teams are going to ne scared and invite pressure. 4-0 at home could become common

9. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

yes a few 4-0 scorelines could make us a point back in goal difference terms.

I'm looking forward to Cardiff and QPR..............once this team gels its very very formidable as already shown against Man City and Millwall at a canter.

10. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

just started a thread on Derby's board.

Leicester fan in hysterics...are you happy or did you expect more ?

Sven has kept his team and fans extremely happy.

Are you making plans for Nigel<cheers>

11. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Stringer has said he is trying to find out if anything else happened

12. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

We have what we have, and that is great squad who can compete with everyone. The number of players that have come in since the start of the season counting both managers is amazing. Now it's time to settle down, find our best eleven and crack on. I have lost track of the number of loan players but think there is some rule about 7 in a squad. Does this mean there is still room for Sven to do more in a week or so or is this it?

13. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

The most important thing now is that Sven picks his best 11 and sticks to it. There is no doubt that (midfield aside, no great options on the bench) we have a fantastic squad now. If we can get a consistent side it will start to gel and the results will start coming in. We need to get to the Prem if we want to keep hold of these players.

14. Yak.

Yak. Member

your in a good position to do just that<ok>

15. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Loan windows opens in a few weeks allow Sven to strenghten further. Now prem teams will loan out player they wanted to sell and couldnt. For example Shaun Wright-Phillips