1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are we close to Chelsea?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, May 15, 2017.

?

Who is closer to Chelsea?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2017.
  1. Tottenham?

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Liverpool?

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Manchester city?

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Manchester united?

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Arsenal?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

No. We beat them at their place, but Palace did that to us

2. Prince Knut

Or if Coward Webb had given us a pen and sent off Eto in the previous fixture at Chelsea, or had Sterling's legitimate goal at City been disallowed, if, if ...

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Willians quality but because he's not as good as hazard and he dwells on the ball and doesn't make as many runs in behind as Pedro. Better than Pedro technically but doesn't have Pedros x factor (shooting with both feet and long range shots) or pedros movement.

Also Conte's won the league without playing willian as much as he has. Are you saying that you'd think we'd have more points?

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Imo it's pedro or willian nothing to do with hazard No?

If conte likes the shape of Pedro's runs ok....

Willian was your only performer last season.

5. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Thats the big difference though isn't it. The luxury of picking Pedro or Willian or even Hazard, oh the dilemma! We pick Mane because he is good and hes the only option.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yup, so i mention theres 2 spots, Hazard is the pemanant starter. Then i go onto mention the difference between Pedro and Willian and why Pedro is in ahead of Willian, he gives us better balance.

Pedros scored some very important goals for us this season and i think he's criminally underrated. He would suit you guys down to a T as he presses with much more intensity than willian and he's also very smart in terms of the positions and anticipation of his presses.

As for his important goals, off the top of my head he broke the deadline agains Everton, Got the equaliser against spurs and got the first goal against United.

Willian has been unfortunate really. I think i would have replaced matic and tried willian in the middle personally

7. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

This is nonsense, as the goal you conceded was not down to playing to attacking, it was down to an individual error. You could have been playing defensive and Gerrard still might have slipped
    You only set a PL record for penalties that season, and your still moaning about referees being against you<laugh>

You seem to be forgetting all the dives from Suarez and that penalty merchant Gerrard fooling everyone into thinking he was playing well by converting them all. 15 goals a season all penalties <laugh>

8. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

The Swedish ponytail's diving and elbowing have taken and kept utd in a lofty 6th place in the table, you need to take those blinkers off from time to time Mr Ed.

:emoticon-0105-wink:

* Record Points Total likes this.
  9. Prince Knut

Ironic that someone who supports a team whose fans ring the police when they think they have decision against them is pointing the finger at us.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  10. LuisDiazgamechanger

One day a college professor after getting irritated in his college class stands up in front of the class and asks if anyone in the class is an idiot, and if there is one then he/she should stand up. After a minute a young man stands up. The professor then asks that guy if he actually thinks he is an idiot. The boy replied, "No, I just didn't want to see you standing there all by yourself."

King Shergar likes this.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Was it King Shergar?

* Record Points Total likes this.
  12. moreinjuredthanowen

Dreaming.

Its called game awareness.

Now go back and review the actual goal.

Tell me whete the two cbs are.

Tell me where the two full back are.

Tell me that time is on the clock.

Tell me who gerrard is looking at.

Quite simple. When you can tell me all those things i will talk about individual errors.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  13. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Sell Gerrard to Southampton as a penalty taker is desperately wanted there!

14. King Shergar

The Liverpool team that BR had was not a side that could park the bus and play for a draw, you need to have players that can actually defend well to do that. So inviting pressure onto your defence was never a good tactic.

Why would you do that either? When you had been doing so well attacking teams and you where at home to a Chelsea reserve team? What sense would it have made to completely change the whole style of play that had served you so well.

Gerrard fell over when he was the last man and handed the ball to the opposition, there is not anything the manager could have done to predict that happening.

You could say the centre backs should be there instead of Gerrard, but who's to say one of the centre backs can't slip when in possession as the last man in defence.

It happens, and an individual cock up like that, is not something a manager should be held accountable for. The only person to blame was Gerrard for mis controlling the ball and then panicking which caused the slip.

15. King Shergar

Not doubting Gerrard was very clinical from the spot, but he got a lot of practise playing his whole career at Liverpool <ok>

BobbyD and Diego like this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

Ok so youve no clue then.

Not about exactly what was hapoening at that moment.

So... i will be nice and fill you in.

It was 0-0 chelsea were playing 6 man back line (tactic shpuld now be familiar to you) with 2 runners max to close down if we move into their half.

Its 46th min (injury time at end of first half)

Already you should be thinking.... ok i get you..

But i will continue.....

Glen johnson is 40 yards up the pitch making a forward run.

Skertl is rcb and is right over on other side nearly in rb slot in the split cb set up.

Sakho is lcb in lb position and rolls ball at gerrard who is as you said last man. Its a nothing pass and sahko pays no attention to the players around gerrard.

No other midfielder is even close. They are allen and Lucas btw should know better.

Ah but you say hang on none of that should matter..... yet it really does.

What is gerrard doing. Hes picking the hollywood ball out looking at johnson up the line and he fails to control the pass... thus setting uo the slip over when he realises the press is on.

Now im sorry but thats not just an induvidual error. Its far worse. Its systematic failure from the manager who should be saying tighten it up coming to ht all the say through 6/7 lfc players who failed to calm the **** down and realise the result was going their way and how close it is to ht.

Its more that just idiotic from gerrard as captain but everyone around him were also stupid.

The facts were after 10mins of that game. 0-0 was easy. We had 70% possession. A draw wins the league by a point... common sense says pull the cbs in tight and just play pot shots to try get a goal down the other end but just no risks.

The fact is is far worse than a mistake.. its naive, foolish and lax.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Ultimately, it was Rodgers' fault. The tactics were child-like.

luvgonzo likes this.
  18. King Shergar

So because it was close to half time you think everyone should have been back defending. Are you not allowed to score in first half injury time then?

It's easy to say in hindisight but why in that situation would you want to settle for a point, yes a point and win the rest and you would have won it, but then again a win, and you still had some room for error in the last few fixtures.

You where at home against a Chelsea reserve team, who you where completely dominating. Only time it would have been acceptable to play for a point is if you only needed a point to win the league.

I know SAF who has 13 PL titles would have thrown everything at that Chelsea side if in the same situation to try to get the 3 points. You don't win titles by settling for 1 point.

19. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Probably why you've finished in sixth this season <laugh>

20. King Shergar

That is true to be fair <laugh>