1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are owners that important?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintinSerbia, Mar 22, 2017.

1. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

Too bloody right they are! but unlike centre backs and managers, we (the fans) have absolutely no idea what we are going to get! I can't think of a team luckier than us to get the Liebherrs?

2. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Chelsea and Man City.

3. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Look at my cat

Silly title. Invites - you betcha. Look at Coventry

4. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

We will do well to find anyone better than our current ownership

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Liebherr

Al Mirage

<laugh>

6. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Is there any chance you could turn off the advert.? Sent by my PC without using anything but an ordinary browser.

7. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

I quite like it actually

No7
    Sent from my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, 2015) Processor 2.5GHZ Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, MACOS Sierra 10.12.4 Beta (16E191a), Safari 10.1

:)

8. TheSecondStain

Show off. On a 15" screen. Excuse me while I use my 48" monitor to zoom in on that puny spec. ;)

Only kidding. Not a bad spec for a laptop. All that just for 15 inches though. Bit of a waste.

The 48" monitor is real, by the way. ;)

My objection to apps like Tapatalk is that the self generating advert can often be turned off, but the user generally doesn't know how to do it. I also don't like iPhones advertising themselves either. All crass and no class.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  9. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

This is simply 21 Century willy waving. Oooh missus, I've got 15"

As for the advert thing, I agree. I have deleted the message on my i-phone. My mate has enhanced his to read "Sent from my i-phone. Sorry, Apple think that this knowledge enhances our lives. That's because they are a bunch of tossers."

fatletiss likes this.
  10. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

I only use the in built monitor when mobile - at home it is normally linked to a 32" monitor...so 32+15 = 47...you still beat me ;)

I normally change the sent from my iPhone 7+ to Sent from my phone - I do this to let the recipient realise that there may be formatting errors or spelling mistakes as I have sent the email on the go. Not so important to mates etc, but it sometimes stops you looking a bit silly at work :)

Talking of the 48" monitor - is that one of those widescreen ones? When was was over in Atlanta, my son in law has this simply stupidly wide screen monitor - i'm not sure of the width, but when I hook up my Mac I can have a full blown Citric Desktop, my email and a web browser side by side no problems.

And to get on topic, I think owners are more important that the players in some ways (though obviously you need players!) - they can make or break a club

11. TheSecondStain

Everything in my post was tongue-in-cheek ;), but to reply. Love the enhanced message. Occasionally, when friends send me one word text answers on their iPhones, and the rest is the advert, I write a really long super-duper, wonderful, amazing [you get the idea] 'sent from' signature back. It has worked its magic. They've got rid of their adverts.
    The 48" monitor is just one of 3 HD TV's I have in the house. I also have a 37" and a 28" in bedrooms, both connected to computers. They're all networked if I fancy. I stopped using conventional TV some years ago, but an HDTV is pretty much the equal of a monitor, providing you don't get the wrong one, I prefer to have the digital tuner and such specs as well, as an option, that I could always use, maybe. They are hardly any more expensive too. I've also gone off the idea of 'Smart TVs' An ordinary 'Dumb' HDTV permanently connected to a powerful PC is infinitely smarter and quicker than a Smart HDTV, so that's been my route. 'Dumb' TVs also don't have the ability to 'spy', by default, on the owner. Any 'spying' is at the PC end, and this can be easy controlled and minimised by blocking tactics.

Anyway, what was the subject again.? ;) Owners.! Yes, I see that nobody has reacted to the news that Lander Sports have already purchased St Mary's Football Group Ltd, whatever that part of Southampton FC that is:

upload_2017-3-23_11-24-42.png

Taken from this link: http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=20359612

12. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

It says Target

13. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Portsmouth to be taken over by EX Disney CEO. Very fitting.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Was January 26th when Lander announced an agreement only for Kat to contradict them hours later?

15. TheSecondStain

But look at the date of acquisition.

16. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Mickey Mouse jokes done days ago :)

17. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Yes, a very rare direct message to the fans. I think she must have been cross....she smoothed our ruffled feathers and gave assurance she was looking to do the best for the club. So we all assumed they'd jumped the gun.....I think Lander had a need to inform the stock exchange as their shares were suspended awaiting a major change which didn't happen...at that point.

18. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Personally I just would prefer our present owners and no take over.
    I don't particularly want to do a Chelski or a Man city just to win the league. I would rather do a spurs/Arsenal and be in the top half a dozen to be in with a shout. Although I appreciate that would require an investment of some sort including enlarging St Mary's, 42000-45000 would probably be big enough for our needs over the next 2o-30 odd years.
    Cant see that happening anytime soon though even with new owners. What with the academy costing nigh on £40 mill to complete, I can't see them wanting to spend similar amounts (or even more) on St Mary's itself in the short term. So it looks like we are going to likely be at best a top half team in the 10-8th positions each year without the significant input of cash. (Not to mention holding on to our best players)

19. fran-MLs little camera

Kreuger said recently that KL didn't want to keep putting money in....thought he hastened to add that she had put in a lot already. I know we can't even imagine having as much money as Katharina does, but she wants a wider portfolio....so that does suggest that Saints form a sizeable part of her wealth...a part that she (or her financial advisors) are unhappy with.

You can make money from football if you make the club better and sell it on, but otherwise it is a money pit....especially if you listen to what the fans want. Fans always want the next sparkly toy at whatever cost...and then they moan about the ticket prices.<doh>

PMR always a Saint likes this.
  20. fran-MLs little camera

Not being rude about Pompey (though you can take it that way if you like :)), but why Pompey. They have fans and a 'story', but they own very little....we were a bargain because of all of the assets we brought with us. I suppose they are very cheap and the potential owner can envisage future success. You don't have to spend a lot in Division One to be a good team (assuming they get promotion), but it is a long term job. I would understand it if he had a link with the club, but looks a risky and expensive venture if you don't have a background in football (or even if you do). I suppose owning an English football club is just flavour of the month at the moment.