1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are Falsehoops the next Portsmouth?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Interesting article in the Mail today, all not what it may seem at Reading. There are some parallels with us in that there is a housing development in the owner's sights and promises that seem to have been broken, sounds familiar? Apparently money from future parachute payments was 'sold' for a fraction of it's value.

It just makes you wonder what sort of deals have put us into a seemingly cash-starved situation and the real motives of the owners, are we really going to be happy just being a bottom-half Championship team after quarter of a billion quid wasted? Worrying times for many football clubs targeted by sometimes less-than-pristine foreign owners...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...money-troubles-persist-Championship-side.html

2. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Reading is just too far away from the coast to be anything like Portsmouth, so I would say no...

3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about us doing a Portsmouth!!

UTRs likes this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It could happen, that's why I pointed out some of the similarities. They only let us know the minimum, plenty of unanswered questions about so many things they're involved with...