1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anyone know how much of Macca's wages are being covered by Barnsley?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by mussiesredhat, Feb 16, 2011.

1. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

I believe that he was on £20k per week and on a totally unrealistic length of contract. We could soon be paying more to other clubs players than our own on a weekly basis. Anyone remember laughing at Leeds for doing the same?

2. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Couldn't believe that he was once on the books of Man Utd. Anyone remember the Mackems v Everton match where Sunderland lost 6/7 nil at Goodison Park and McShane was at fault for all of them.

His agents must have been good at bargaining.

3. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

it's been quoted before but still quite relevant today!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  4. Hank Scorpio

I stopped it after 2 minutes as those mistakes were too hard to watch. Cringeworthy stuff.

5. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

To be fair, you can hardly complain when he gets outpaced by Andy Johnson. Other than that.. oh dear.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He was supposed to be on £24k a week, though there were some rumours about him taking a cut at the same time as Kilbane.

I suspect we're still paying at least half his wages, probably more, though as he's unlikely to get a game for us now, it's still better than we at least get a contribution.

7. johnfirth

johnfirth Active Member

Come on he was only on a million quid a year, and them fool Pearson's let him go play for somebody else!
    Couple of million a year for Bullard? chump change really. Ghilas another million or so and he was great value for 2 starts was'nt he.
    Like TWF says if only we had kept the team from last year we would be in a playoff position now easy, Pearson's have a lot to answer for the way they have messed up our club :)

8. adamisme

adamisme Member

hopefully at least half of Macca's wages are being covered, maybe means we'll bring in another defender on loan

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If we'd have kept the team from last year, we wouldn't exist any more.

10. adamisme

adamisme Member

well we would probably in the bottom league as City Hull A.F.C. or something like that LOL

I think its taken time but Pearson has got a great side together and the majority are relativley young and hopefully be with us for a long time

11. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

To be fair to the lad he has got far to much criticism this year, especially seen as he has not being that bad this year, especially at RB where when he played we played very narrow and he had no cover. I think people find it easy to criticise, why not support one of our own. Did he ask for 28k, who knows? If you was him would you have signed the contract course you would!

12. johnfirth

johnfirth Active Member

That team from last year was probably the worst assembled and most over paid squad in the history of football.
    Over 30 mill in wages and not a single striker capable of scoring 10 goals in a season!
    All them players and it's taken us 9 months to give them away let alone sell them, Bo was sold, as was Moyo and Hunt but apart from that not a single sniff from any club remotely near the pinacle of football.
    Geo right now without a club, Altidore is god knows where on a subs bench, Ghilas second division in France maybe, Folan trying out for Colorado in MLS.
    JVOH retired just about, and we are still paying a quarter million quid a month for players like Bullard and Oli and McShane to play for other clubs because their contracts were so ridiculous.
    I can't think of a single one I would want to wear the black and amber again even if you cut their wages in half.
    This is'nt opinion it's fact none of them with the possible exception of Hunt and Bo are anywhere near a prem club playing on a regular basis, for this reason alone PB and PD had to go, shocking mismanagement of a clubs finances.
    I'm sure my old pal TWF will love this post

13. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

John how can you say such things........?
    TWF will be bringing retribution to you for such slanderous comments about the Terrible Twins

14. johnfirth

johnfirth Active Member

Halmosi playing for Red Star Goulashsoup in the Hungarian second division now, and a couple of our stars where snapped up by crappy turkish teams I believe, what the hell were they thinking!

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

All that you say is true, but for anyone who's interested, here's what they've done since they left:

Altidore - Played 12 games for Villareal, scoring twice, he's just moved to Bursaspor on loan, where he has had one start and not yet scored.

van of Hesslererd - Played 9 games for Rapid Vienna, scoring three times.

Ghilas - Five appearances for Arles-Avignon(four as a sub) without scoring, but he has been out injured for four months.

Boateng - Twelve appearances for Skoda Xanthi, scoring once.

Geovanni - Recently signed for Esporte Clube Vitória, who were relegated from the top flight in Brazil last season(I don't think their league has started yet).

Mendy - No club

16. Hank Scorpio

Mendy's at a Danish Club, OLM. Odense Boltklub according to Wikipedia.

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

So he is, I stand corrected, he signed last week and hasn't yet played.

18. Hull City AFC (HCHKR)

Hull City AFC (HCHKR) Well-Known Member

That's true as I remember AP saying at the end of last season that, both he and Kilbane signed a new contract extension with both taking wage cuts from £26k to £13k each, which i feel is still quite a lot, especially for those two.

19. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

I thought it was only Killer who took extended his contract a year by halving his wage, I thought that Macca just deferred his wages over the summer tbh. Though I could be wrong.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If Macca did take a cut, as AP hinted in some of his comments, it won't be one that big.

Killer had a year to run on a £26k a week contract, so he just spread it over two years at £13k a week.

Macca has a similar wage, but he's only 25 and had three years to run on his contract, he'd have to extend it to six years to do the same deal. I think he may have agreed to some reduction, but there's no way he'll have agreed to half it for the full term.