1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Another Laughing Stock*?

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by Darandio, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Darandio

Darandio New Member

*In reference to the new owners, not the club in general.

As someone who doesn't support Forest, I have always had an affection for them due to them competing for European honours at the same time as my club. Because of this, when the new owners took control, I was anticipating a really impressive appointment to resemble the following comment:

That "iconic" manager is no less than Sean O'Driscoll. I'm gobsmacked.

2. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Maybe it's a typo and it should read ironic!

3. Posh Blue Boy

Posh Blue Boy Member

Wow, what an anti climax. I have to wonder following this appointment why the new owners did not keep faith with Cotterill. Okay, O'Driscoll has some championship experience but his last season with Doncaster when I think they had 1 point from 7 game has to question this guys ability. Taking this in to consideration and the exodus of first team players I think it may be another season of strugle for Forest

4. Darandio

Darandio New Member

It can only really be two things, surely?

1, All of the "iconic" managers that were interviewed have completely seen through these owners, and realised they haven't a clue. or

2, It was merely a ploy to sell a load of season tickets in anticipation of an iconic manager and possible spending frenzy.

5. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

The same Sean O'Driscoll that only won 1 of his last 26 games at this level?

6. Darandio

Darandio New Member

Yes. But the new oners did say they wanted someone with experience at this level, they didn't actually specify that he had to win.

7. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Yes very odd in that they talked about an iconic manager.
    However, I like O'Driscoll and his style of football - I think he will end up a good appointment

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I agree. He did well overall with Doncaster, arguably punching above their weight for several seasons. It's true that he wasn't what anyone expected when they started bandying the word 'ironic' around, but he's a good manager. I think he'll do all right.

9. Darandio

Darandio New Member

I don't disagree that he is not potentially the right man for the job, it's fair to say that he could be ideal given he has very recent experience working with the first team. The issue I reckon most fans will have is the circus that the owners have created since they arrived, when in reality they could probably have made this appointment immediately.

10. shello

shello New Member

Thank god they've appointed O'Driscoll I say. all the other people linked with the job were simply the usual batch of serial failures who seem to crop up every time a management vacancy arises anywhere. Most of them are completely useless, some partially useless but all minting it on the back of mild success, spectacular failure and bi-annual pay-offs. Big Job for Sean to do now that we've sold our entire defence but let's get behind him and hope the new owners are true to their word and support him in bringing in the players we need (and we don't w:emoticon-0116-evilgant serial failures, has been's and never was's there either).