1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Announcement tomorrow (Thursday)

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Apparently Rovers will have an announcement to make tomorrow. People in the know have confirmed this. But there seems to be some contradictions on what the announcement is.

Some think its about UWE.
    Some think its not UWE.
    Some think its about the new training ground.
    Some think its NOT the new training ground as that will be announced this Friday instead. Apparently Hamer told them!
    Some think its a new signing, a striker! - As we can still sign free agents.
    Some think its a new signing but not a striker. Apparently Wael told them this.
    Some think its Chris Weale - ex city keeper who has been released from Derby!

I guess we will see who really is in the know tomorrow!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Thanks for that post CJS I guess that that gives us something to think about, whether we think it is one or the other or maybe all of them

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

And the announcement is..... A new signing!

A LB to push Brown! Signed until the end of the season who earn a longer deal. His name is Robert Harris who recently played for Sheff Utd and is 29 years old.

The Glasgow born left back began his career with Clyde, for whom he made 41 league appearances, before moving to Queen of the South, where he spent four seasons, scoring ten goals in 110 league appearances.

He signed for Blackpool in the summer of 2011 and during his time at Bloomfield Road spent time on loan at Rotherham United and Sheffield United and he signed a permanent deal at Bramall Lane in January 2014.

He appeared in 56 league games for United, scoring three goals, and also made a solitary appearance for Fleetwood Town after joining them on loan in February last year.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...obert-harris-3551683.aspx#ErKLRR9RczFFsbYs.99

please log in to view this image

old timer likes this.
  4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

About time we had another LB I think it will do Brown the world of good to :emoticon-0148-yes:

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Brown for me has become a liability. DC said our new signing is to cover for Brown. I hope he is to replace Brown to give him a rest because if you think about it, since Brown joined us he must have played 90% of the games. Lines was rested and that improved his game. Hopefully Brown will get needed rest and Lockyer too. Both deserve it after recent seasons.

old timer likes this.
  6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Whispering Bob... useful cover and competition.

I think DC has done some good business to strengthen in the right areas. Our lads will be in a good position with a settled side as all these other teams get used to their new signings.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

And a good thing is, we could play a new back 5!

....................Lumley....................
    Partington..Burn..Sweeney..Harris

So its fresh and none are on a bad run of mistakes! Pretty positive to me!