1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Andy Gray - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by foxandy, Jan 25, 2011.

1. foxandy

foxandy New Member

Political correctness gone mad!

Andy Gray is a top pundit, probably the best. He said the comments in jest, with a hint of truth in there. It's like any conversation you would have down the pub, plus...

WOMEN DO NOT KNOW THE OFFSIDE RULE

Talk about knocking a bloke for telling the truth!

I'm not going to go into a big rant nor support in any way what Big Ron said, but all of these incidents just prove the fact that any white male is now the subject of the most intense scrutinism when it comes to being politically correct.

Will the world ever get that MASSIVE chip off their shoulder???

I know this will divide opinion, and some people will say that they don't rate him anyway, but that is no reason to sack him. If you look at the facts and what was said, yes give him a talking to but sack him??? All comments were made off air! That is harsh!

2. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

and loose women are all MOTHER TERESA'S ?

get a Les Dawson or Bernard Manning type pundit on SKY...........give the " I'm so offended brigade " a few bricks to chew on.

3. Foxesontheup

Foxesontheup Member

These types of comments are regularly heard in mens social groups, agreed. BUT that doesn't make it right. It's old fashioned. Just cus she has no male genitalia does not mean she doesn't know the offside rule. If she's been asked to ref(run the line) by the FA then of course she knows the rule.

It may well have been in jest and off air but I think SKY are making a point and trying to protect their image by giving him the boot. From a viewer of SKY I'm dissapointed as I enjoyed listening to what he said. "Tek a boo son"

Had it not been made so public and was in say an office environment and someone had complained about his comments then I think he would have got a warning about future behaviour, but as he is (one of) the "voice" of a public facing company then I don't feel SKY have another choice. Especially seeing as other sexist comments have also been exposed about him, to help support their point.

A couple of other points i want to add. Yes she got the BIG decision right for Torres's goal, giving merieles onside correctly, however did anyone else see her, appear to cave to protesting fans and give offside a few minutes later when the Liverpool player was actually clearly onside.

And, I often read (on old 606, other blogs, papers) and hear in pubs and work about us complaining about how **** refs are. Could maybe giving female refs a fair chance in the game help improve the standard?

4. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

You see this is the bit I don't get. He is one of the voices of Sky Sports, as is Richard Keys. So why didn't Keys get the sack too? He was just as much at fault if not worse in the original offense. Then Sky said they'd found a clip of him 'harrassing' a female presenter (conveniantly, all of a sudden). All I saw in that clip was a slightly inapropriate joke (again off air) which wouldn't cause anyone with a sense of humour offense - and infact said female presenter Charlotte jackson laughed.

And what was really sad was that the reporter (Burton) in the other clip (where he's talking pitchside to Andy Gray) was 'warned', and has been banned for saying the cameraman thought the lino was fit!

I agree, I think Sky were trying to protect their image. Although what Gray and Keys said was out of order, it was accidentally aired and I think even Sky themseleves knew it wasn't that serious, nor did it cause that much offense.

I think a 3 game ban would have sufficed!

5. truebluemum

truebluemum New Member

Of course some women know the offside rule dont be so bloody sexist.Ok i agree he shouldnt have really been sacked as some women are just has bad.
    But the fact that it was broadcasted and that didnt do him any favours,what is wrong with women enjoying the game aswell?

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I doubt I would have heard the comments had I been watching because I normally mute the tele when Andy Gray is talking. He just gets on my nerves I'm afraid. Sounds like a bit of a stitch up though to me.

7. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

He seems to have lost himself a highly paid job. I don't have any personal feelings on the sexism side of the debate as my wife won't allow it.
    Good luck to all you leicester fella's posting on here. Feel free to pop by the Hull board for updates on Nigel,Steve,Matty,Nobby etc.

8. Joethemightyone_LCFC

It's a travesty he has been sacked.

Sky Sports have done themselves more bad than good with this sacking. No trust in the organisation now.

9. CorbyFox'62

CorbyFox'62 Member

Keys wasn't sacked cus he didn't (more or less) ask a female presenter to play with his happy sack - unlike Gray.

Having said that, I agree that sacking him is a tad over the top.

10. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

He got sacked for what he said to Charlotte Jackson, he asked her to tuck his microphone down his trousers.

Apparently all of sky think he is a sexist pig and wanted him to get sacked. Shame they didnt throw away the keys